< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: USPSA Special Classifier Match, May 4th at ENGC  (Read 3077 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
USPSA Special Classifier Match, May 4th at ENGC
« on: April 10, 2014, 02:13:50 PM »
I'm cross-posting this here this one time as this is a once-a-year event.  :)

For actual discussion, please go to the original post in the Shooting Sports subforum and post there.

http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,11685.msg83078.html#msg83078

The USPSA matches (actually, all of the action shooting matches) at ENGC are open to anyone, whether or not they are members of ENGC, and whether or not they are members of USPSA or Steel Challenge.  This Special Classifier is no exception---everyone is welcome to come and shoot!

...but if you are interested starting the sport of USPSA shooting, this is an important event.

-----------------------------

The Eastern Nebraska Practical Shooters will be holding a USPSA Special Classifier match with 6 classifier stages on May 4th, 2014 at the Eastern Nebraska Gun Club.

Match fee will be $20, and if you wish to shoot in a second division, the additional cost will be $5 more.  (If shooting a in a second division, you will shoot with your squad through the entire match in your first division, re-squad, and then re-shoot all stages in your second division .  All people shooting a second division are expecting to stay to help tear down the stages after the match.)

As usual, setup starts at 7:15am, with registration closing at 8:40 with a safety/new shooter briefing at that time.  Shooter's meeting at 9am, and we'll start shooting right afterwards.

The classifiers have been chosen, and they are:

Total round count is 68, which makes it by far our smallest round count of the year, even though it is one more stage than normal.  :)  (We like high round count stages around here!)

If you are interested in starting in USPSA, this is an important match.  With six classifier stages, you can get your initial classification all in one match.  (We normally only have one classifier stage every other month---and it takes a minimum of four stages to get an initial classification.)

While anyone can shoot the match and be listed in the results, you only get a classification (your scores only get reported to USPSA headquarters for calculation) if you are a USPSA member---so get yourself signed up online early enough so that you know your member number by the time you register for the match.

USPSA Membership:  https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-join-renew.php
(It even tells you how to get your member number early if needed.)

For those interested in starting USPSA, this is a good way to begin---because not only are the stages very straightforward and uncomplicated, but the stage descriptions are available to you prior to the match so that you can already figure out what you have to do to succeed.  :)

So if you have an interest in USPSA (and you know you have!) get yourself an annual membership to start with, and come out to the classifier match.

As usual, you can pre-register online for the classifier match---which will be opening in another week or so.  (I'll update this post when pre-reg opens.)

(And as always, even if you pre-register you still need to check in at registration and pay before registration closes on match day.)

See you there!
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: USPSA Special Classifier Match, May 4th at ENGC
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 06:24:05 PM »
I am schedule to work that date, but have asked to shift my schedule to accommodate this match.  The stages look like a lot of fun.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 09:44:02 PM »
IN.

Offline bkent

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 10:45:24 PM »
EDIT:  I have not received a communication back from the USPSA tech group, but as of this morning it looks like the site has been patched and the form should be secure.

As I posted in the other thread:

Yesterday I was planning on joining USPSA, using the link provided.

https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-join-renew.php

I checked the URL for Heartbleed and found it was vulnerable.  For those of you who aren't tech minded, it means the information you input into the form can be stolen.  It should not be considered a secure connection.

I sent an email to USPSA yesterday and will follow up on Monday with a phone call.  Hopefully they will patch and replace their SSL certs soon.

I'll post back updates to this thread.

For information on Heartbleed:

http://heartbleed.com/

Kent
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:00:02 AM by bkent »

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 08:17:23 PM »
Just posted some commentary about how to practice for the classifier match...

http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,11685.msg83394.html#msg83394

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 05:42:43 AM »
Pre-registration for the match is now available online: 

https://clubs.practiscore.com/enps-may-uspsa-match-all-classifier/register

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 08:00:05 PM »
Registered ;D

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 08:08:36 PM »
I'm signed up.  Now hopefully my company gets me home before midnight.  Otherwise, I will be napping between stages.  It might not help my shooting either, and I need ALL the help I can get.   :(

Fly

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 09:09:05 PM »
I'm signed up.  Now hopefully my company gets me home before midnight.  Otherwise, I will be napping between stages.  It might not help my shooting either, and I need ALL the help I can get.   :(

Fly

I'm going camping with the wife & kid the night before so I'll probably be hobbling around all sore and stiff from sleeping on the ground.

Naproxen to the rescue!

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 01:05:39 PM »
Is this a all day event? My plans for today in GI got canceled so I am thinking this might fill my need. ;D

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 07:16:09 PM »
Is this a all day event? My plans for today in GI got canceled so I am thinking this might fill my need. ;D

Mm, probably not all day.  My guess is that people who are only shooting in one division will be finished by 1:30pm. 

...that's just a guess, though.  It really depends on how many shooters we have.  All the stages are pretty short, so they'll go more quickly than in a regular match with longer field stages.  However, we often have more people than normal in a classifier match so....

....1:30pm is my guess. 

Anyone else want to wager a guess?  :)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 07:19:43 PM »
Anyone else want to wager a guess? 

1:32pm

Fly

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 07:42:01 PM »
1:32pm

What is this, The Price Is Right?

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 08:58:57 PM »
The clock in my pickup read 1:18 as I pulled out of the parking area.  :)

That was a lot of fun.  Now I'm eagerly awaiting my new card from USPSA.  How often do they update classifications on the website?

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2014, 09:04:37 PM »
How often do they update classifications on the website?

From the USPSA rule book...

The classification system is run between the 10th and the 15th of each month, depending on whether the 10th is on a weekend. ALL scores received in the Sedro Woolley office on or before the 10th of each month are entered into the classification database. Over the next day or two, those scores are checked to ensure that they were entered correctly from the printed summary sheets submitted by clubs. After any corrections have been made, the computer classification program is started to evaluate each member’s current scores and to calculate a new current classification percentage. At the conclusion of this procedure, the new data is compiled and sent to the USPSA web site. Please note that the classification data on the web site is updated only one time each month.

Translation...sometime after the 10th or 15th of the month.

Fly

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 09:08:08 PM »
From the USPSA rule book...

Translation...sometime after the 10th or 15th of the month.

Fly

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2014, 09:17:57 PM »
jthhapkido can probably give you a better estimate.  Seems like the last time I shot a qualifier someone mentioned the 20th as a common date they would be complete?

Nice shooting with you Brian.

Fly

Offline Mudnrox

• Powder Benefactor

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 09:25:52 AM »
jthhapkido can probably give you a better estimate.  Seems like the last time I shot a qualifier someone mentioned the 20th as a common date they would be complete?

In general, any classifier score submitted (and paid for) prior to the 10th will be processed that month, and the results will generally show up around (but not before) the 15th of the month.

This classifier match will get in before the cutoff date, so as Fly said, you can start looking anytime after the 10th, but don't expect anything to show up until the 15th, and every once in awhile it'll take an extra day or two or three.

:)

In my case, I already know that 1) I'm certainly not going up in my classification after that debacle, and 2) I don't really want to know what my percentages were on stages 1 and 3.  Yeek.

(Besides, I already ran my probable percentages using classifiercalc.com.  Results there are generally pretty close.  :)  )

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 09:30:46 AM »
I ran across classifiercalc.com right before I read your post.  If I'm reading it correctly I think I'll be a "C" which is what I was hoping for.