< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: anyone with experience with LUCID optics?  (Read 1711 times)

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
anyone with experience with LUCID optics?
« on: May 06, 2014, 07:51:46 AM »
looks like a decent knock off based on some of the stuff I've read but can you ever really beleive anything you've read while interneting computer? (please someone understand that reference so i dont feel like an idiot)

anywho, I like the look of the reddot, and they make a 2x and a 2-5x zoom for it

optic is $187
2x is $39
2-5x is $180

anyone ever own one? use one? or at least knew a guy who shot at a range that picked up used brass from a guy that stood next to a guy who had one on his rifle?

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
Re: anyone with experience with LUCID optics?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 04:19:16 PM »
Own a Lucid HD7 Gen III in FDE use it on my M&P 15-22. Like this Red Dot scope a quality item with a great warranty. Has a two moa red dot which is smaller than many others. Final quality control is done by the owner in the USA, yes it is made in China. Requires one AAA battery, has auto shut off. Only down side is the scope does not come with covers. Hell of a value for the buck.

http://mylucidgear.com/reddotsights.php
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline bbauman

• NFOA Full Member
Re: anyone with experience with LUCID optics?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 08:14:29 PM »
I have a gen I and gen III. The gen I has been used for years and holds zero and does what it should. I haven't used the gen 3 as much but like it better because of the covered turrents.

For a cover I cut a cheap neoprene scope cover in half and sewed the end shut.

I have a 2x magnifier. It screws in making buis tough to fit. It is on the gen3 so not enough use to form a good opinion.