< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: In today's Urinal Star.....  (Read 8326 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: In today's Urinal Star.....
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2014, 11:11:39 AM »
The Chipotle Boys are real knuckleheads.  It's one thing to stroll into the store with a Glock on your belt and quite another to be sportin' an AR. 

If I see someone publicly totin' an AR or other long gun, I'm going to Condition Orange baby.  I don't know if he, she, they have bad intent or are simply attention whores. 

Boneheads.

Amen, me Also. 

I am very pro 2nd amendment.  I support several of the national groups.  I teach 2nd amendment classes and 2nd Ammendment ideals.   

However, supporting the right, does not go overboard to supporting an issue in a wrong way. 

I own ARs and bullpup shotguns.  How about I strap two of each on my back, with a few hundred rounds of ammo showing plainly for everyone to see, and go walking around in malls and box stores.   What would it prove?   Would such an action be supporting our constitutional rights?    No, it would not.  Right things, done aberrant, are not Right.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: In today's Urinal Star.....
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2014, 11:31:23 AM »
Yesterday, at Wal-Mart, I tried out a new shoulder holster.  Made by classic old? ?? Made In el passo Texas.   High quality outfit.  Because it was my first time out and about with this holster, it was used for weight and feel only.  Had I needed a gun, I would have gone to my primary, strong side hip iwb 4 o'clock Glock 22C.  Had I needed a back up, ankle holster Glock 23C, both in .40 s&w.   

What I am saying is, there is a right way to do things, and there is a wrong way to do things.  Sometimes choices are grey rather than black and white.  I could have tested out my new holster all by itself.    That would not have violated any safety rules.  I am sure we have all tested out new holsters, by just using that new holster alone.   I choose to do it the way I did, because I had not worn a jackass style holster in 30 years.  For me, and my comfort, as well as the safety of everyone I came into contact with, I choose to go the extra effort, and not use it as a CHP arm of choice.   I could easily have used this new holster as my primary.  I have thousands of hours doing so, and hundreds of hours training in one.  However, nothing current, and no days spent with this holster. 

I will wear this new rig many times, many training presentations, thousands of rounds fired, before I will conceal carry with this rig as my primary, if (big if)  I choose to use it at all. 

Me choosing not to go primary with my new holster is like the choice of open or concealed, rifle or handgun.  I could have made other choices, almost as good.

I see open carry as a choice, not as good as concealed.  I see military style rifles in Wal-Mart as an open carry choice, as a bad choice.   It brings issues to the table, fears to the table, we should not explore. 

Open carry in box stores of military style rifles, could easily get my freedom to carry a gun, in a discrete appropriate fashion, stripped away

Putting it another way, we all have guns and we all have genitals.   Both of which, I do not want to see in Wal-Mart.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 11:45:54 AM by Gary »