< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: USPSA Great Plains Sectional Match (Level 2) - July 13, 2014 @ ENGC  (Read 5995 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: USPSA Great Plains Sectional Match (Level 2) - July 13, 2014 @ ENGC
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 08:45:18 AM »
Ok, I'm going to be that guy and ask more questions....have emails been sent out for squadding yet?  I haven't received one so I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it.

Oh, and my ammo chrono'd ok :)

Hm.  I bet you missed it---it would have been sent pretty much the day Julie got the registration in to USPSA, which was probably within a day or so of her receiving it.

Squadding here:  http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/index.php?action=list&indx=293

That goes for anyone else who has registered but not squadded yet---you can squad at the above link.  (This is assuming you either have a USPSA password already, or got the email with your PIN in it.)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 04:39:18 PM »
Hm.  I bet you missed it---it would have been sent pretty much the day Julie got the registration in to USPSA, which was probably within a day or so of her receiving it.

Squadding here:  http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/index.php?action=list&indx=293

That goes for anyone else who has registered but not squadded yet---you can squad at the above link.  (This is assuming you either have a USPSA password already, or got the email with your PIN in it.)

Ok, it's not letting me choose a squad - looks like the wrong USPSA number is entered for this match for me.  Is there someone who could switch that?

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2014, 06:11:28 PM »

Ok, it's not letting me choose a squad - looks like the wrong USPSA number is entered for this match for me.  Is there someone who could switch that?

You need to contact Julie about that---Sectional (and USPSA) work a little differently than Practiscore.  Send her an email at dcjulie@windstream.net and give exact details of the problem, and she'll get it fixed.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2014, 07:46:11 PM »

Have you tried logging in on the USPSA site?  If you do, you can select the option for self squadding on the member support page. FWIW

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2014, 08:31:02 PM »

Have you tried logging in on the USPSA site?  If you do, you can select the option for self squadding on the member support page. FWIW

Yeah, I did but for this match it has the wrong number listed for me so when I enter my password it says it's invalid.

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2014, 08:45:19 PM »
Ok, I'm going to be that guy and ask more questions....have emails been sent out for squadding yet?  I haven't received one so I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it.

Oh, and my ammo chrono'd ok :)

Check your spam folder for your squadding link.  If you don't have it, please email me @ dcjulie@windstream.net and I can resend it.  Thanks!  Julie

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2014, 09:54:41 PM »
OK, I got it....I was being stupid.  I thought the password it was asking for was my USPSA website password, not the PIN sent in the squadding email.  Apparently the ID number assigned for the match isn't the same as the USPSA number.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2014, 10:30:05 PM »
We've been starting to build the stages---match is coming up soon! You've cleaned your gun, reloaded all your ammo, and checked over all your gear, right?

(And if you have spare time, you are coming to the range to help set up....?  :) )

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 08:16:57 AM »
We've been starting to build the stages-
[/size]

Wuz pretty warm out there yesterday afternoon @ ENGC until the very welcome overcast moved in and blocked out the sun.

Found a nice, repetitive job to match my own skill set:  pounding in big long nails to secure the fault lines, partitions, walls, targets, etc.   Re-learned that you have to stare at the nailhead in order to hit it.   Same as claybirds.   Stage layout was carried out by the Experts.

Sweat poured.   Felt good.   Lotsa water went down.

Collateral Benefit: Big pocket full of mixed range brass.   (Mixed w/pebbles and pea gravel.)

Goin' out again this afternoon.   Lots more to be done.   

And in the words of jthhapkido:
(And if you have spare time, you are coming to the range to help set up....?  :) )
[/size]

Come on out.   See you there.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2014, 06:56:03 PM »
This was a smoothly run match.  Everything hummed right along.  The stages definitely made you think. 

Looking forward the Zombie match now!

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2014, 09:13:28 PM »
This was a smoothly run match.  Everything hummed right along.  The stages definitely made you think. 

Looking forward the Zombie match now!

Yeah, the stages did a good job of exposing my stupidity.   :)

Thanks to all the RO's and staff for a well run match.  At least in my squad, everything went off without a hitch.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2014, 10:26:03 PM »
Working on the setups last week was insightful, especially with respect to the actual setups but even moreso with respect to the dedicated crew that was building the match structure.

Two such dedicated individuals--Rich and John--were there all day, every day.   From early to late.   Together they patiently converted the stage layout diagrams into three-dimensional courses of fire.  They were also very patient with us worker-bee members of the Nail Pounding Brigade.   Rich, John, Julie, Tom, Terry, Bill, Becky, and others....   All these folks and the other volunteer officials who were involved really earned my admiration for the professional manner in which they support their chosen shooting sport.

Thanks to all for letting me play in your sandbox.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 12:07:44 PM »
Was a really fun match! I'm glad we were able to keep things moving smoothly for the most part.