< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Another Victory For Open Carry!  (Read 13180 times)

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
Re: Another Victory For Open Carry!
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2014, 10:33:43 AM »
This isn't about the 2A. Your rights are only enforceable against the government. A private property owner can ban carry on their property. I understand a company doing this when a group of idiots do things as idiots do.

We need the rest of the people on our side, even if they aren't gun folks. Stuff like this only hurts us.

Yes, I totally agree. I am 100% in favor of legal open carry, and I think we need to educate proprietors about why they ought to be concealed carry-friendly, but don't be a jerk to entrepreneurs by going into their shops to hold political demonstrations.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2014, 11:43:00 AM »
Yes, I totally agree. I am 100% in favor of legal open carry, and I think we need to educate proprietors about why they ought to be concealed carry-friendly, but don't be a jerk to entrepreneurs by going into their shops to hold political demonstrations.

+++++ 1 (being a business owner myself....)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2014, 01:36:33 PM »

I found this to be an accurate representation of  the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Great video, I'll embed it so it is easier to watch.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2014, 02:31:50 PM »

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2014, 04:44:33 PM »
Um, that was my point. That position is the same as yours. You are for the part that you like.

Again- What would you do if everyone was open carrying handguns?

http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/hostedemail/email.htm?CID=20560642698&ch=82297D220DC3DA832A72B04A65AA7DD0&h=377cd478062bce9ef7a659e90fb6837a&ei=s88297LNX

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2014, 09:51:46 PM »
I decided to go to the Mothers Demand Action web page to see if I could see what makes these people tick. They are some very warped and misguided individuals.

They blame guns for everything and are exactly what we can look forward to if HELLery Clinton gets elected. I recently watched an interview where the old  witch said people had no reasons to have firearms in restaurants and movie theaters.

I'll bet the old badillac would would get rid of the 2a if she got the chance. >:D
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2014, 11:41:57 AM »
Another thing I think needs to be addressed about open carrying of long guns in public venues is and maybe more realistic than saying that it is a "taboo". A holstered oc sidearm is considered to be defensive, take it out in public now the panic begins as it starts to be considered to be a offensive weapon.

Walk into a restaurant with a AR the general public looks at it being used as a offensive weapon.Law enforcement officers with holstered weapons don't gather any attention and put the people at ease. Take the same officers put them in swat gear with ARs strapped to their chest and now everyone senses are heightened because it looks like the s##t is about to hit the fan.

Of course whats nice about CCW is you blend in and no one is none the wiser and if the s##t hits the fan your not the first target to be eliminated.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:56:50 AM by farmerbob »

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2014, 12:25:52 PM »
Amazing! Gun Rights people denying the Right to bear arms of fellow gun owners that are forced to carry in the only legal way they have without getting a permission slip from Mommy. we don't need the anti-gunners to drive the wedges to divide us. With this holier than thou attitude we are doing it to ourselves.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2014, 02:51:39 PM »
Hey! I'm right there with you if something is to be gained from it.

It's seems more like hitting ones thumb with a hammer and it hurts like hell and doing it again and expecting a different outcome.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2014, 08:56:27 PM »
Gunscribe,
I'm no more for taking away someone's right to bear arms than I assume you are in favor of eliminating private property rights.

Of course Texas should change their laws, but that's a different discussion. Look up the pictures of these guys. If they walked into a business I own, I'd be telling them to leave as well. That is not depriving them of their rights anymore than someone's first amendment rights are violated by being banned from an internet forum.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2014, 09:31:35 PM »
Gunscribe,
I'm no more for taking away someone's right to bear arms than I assume you are in favor of eliminating private property rights.

Of course Texas should change their laws, but that's a different discussion. Look up the pictures of these guys. If they walked into a business I own, I'd be telling them to leave as well. That is not depriving them of their rights anymore than someone's first amendment rights are violated by being banned from an internet forum.

I never said they couldn't or shouldn't be asked to leave. Since this is about Texas how in the world can it be a different discussion?

I am just sick and tired of the "If you can't do it the way I do it or approve of they you don't need to be doing it attitude."

There is just too many people that want to hide under the bed hoping they can maintain what we have rather than standing up on their hind legs and fighting to take some back.

"Oh please be quiet", they say, "Don't rattle the sabers they might try to take what little we have left."

"Lets stick our heads in the sand and maybe they won't notice us."

Concealed carry did not get passed in Nebraska because we hid under the bed. Some of you that haven't been around that long haven't got a clue what it took to get this in places like Arizona, Ohio, Wisconsin, Virginia and yes Nebraska.

There are no positive gun stories to these people. Even in the most rightious of gun use stories the anti's see them as negetive and use them to push for more gun control. Even if there are no stories at all they make stuff up never ceasing to push for an outright ban on the 2A.

If we stop fighting and only whisper to each other, about how some gun owners are idiots, from behind our gun safes we will lose what some of us have worked to gain in the last 20 years.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2014, 11:00:10 PM »
I don't think anyone is telling you or anyone what they can or can't do, rather just thoughts and ideas of what helps or hurts our cause. They're just opinions right or wrong.

I personally can't see a benefit to taking your AR into an eating establishment in order to show off for a photo shoot. You think its a great idea evidently. But I think you might be a little disingenuous if you think they were carrying for self protection reasons. I carry for self protection, and I don't stop for some live action shots in public with my firearm, not saying that you can't, mind you.

Just my opinions.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2014, 12:05:28 AM »
"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are
the people's liberty teeth keystone... the rifle and the pistol are
equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate
that they are in safe and sane hands
. The very atmosphere of firearms
everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes, we
need them every hour. "

-- President George Washington in his 1st address
to Congress

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2014, 12:06:24 AM »
I'm done with this thread!!! Feel free to keep arguing if you want. ;D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:22:18 AM by farmerbob »

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2014, 12:11:43 AM »
My post above is one extreme, granted, this video is the other extreme. 

What shows the gun folks are in control of their emotions, and futures?

We need to keep our heads about us, or it all unweaves. 

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:16:55 AM by Gary »

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2014, 12:13:35 AM »
"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are
the people's liberty teeth keystone... the rifle and the pistol are
equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate
that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms
everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes, we
need them every hour.

"This is a false quote, but bits and pieces of it still continue to crop up from time to time. Even national publications, such as Playboy magazine, have been snared by it. (Playboy published the "quote" in December 1995 as part of an article entitled "Once and for All: What the Founding Fathers Said About Guns". After consulting with an assistant editor of the George Washington Papers at the University of Virginia, Playboy published a lengthy correction in March 1996.)"

http://www.guncite.com/gc2ndbog.html

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2014, 01:20:59 AM »
"This is a false quote, but bits and pieces of it still continue to crop up from time to time. Even national publications, such as Playboy magazine, have been snared by it. (Playboy published the "quote" in December 1995 as part of an article entitled "Once and for All: What the Founding Fathers Said About Guns". After consulting with an assistant editor of the George Washington Papers at the University of Virginia, Playboy published a lengthy correction in March 1996.)"

http://www.guncite.com/gc2ndbog.html

Great, what's next, Santa is a myth ?   Hard to trust anything these days. 

I heard the cherry tree and returned dime were made up also.   

Seems everything involving government is made up.  As time rolls by, the level of deceptions grows larger.   

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2014, 08:09:20 AM »
"Gentlemen...I implore you to take everything you read on the Internet with a grain of salt" - Benjamin Franklin to the 2nd Constitutional Convention

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2014, 11:13:17 AM »
If the 99% saying is not attributable to the fine gentleman, that does not change the statistic that most guns are in good hands.