General Categories > Survival/Emergency Preparedness

Sources of blue 55 gal water drums in the Omaha area

(1/3) > >>

LTCetme:
Title pretty much covers it.

I'm about to buy some water storage drums for potable water. After searching around online all I've come up with are shady sources of used ones (questionable contents or not blue) or new ones for a pretty penny (best price I've seen on a bare bones drum was $80.

The thought occurred to me that there may be some available locally if I only knew where. Not seeing much on Craigslist. Anyone only sources for them in the Omaha area?

FarmerRick:
Be careful, the windshield washer solvent we use at the shop comes in blue plastic 55 gallon barrels.

I would suggest someplace like Kellogs, the Pepsi or Coke distribution centers, places like that.

LTCetme:
Those are good ideas for places to look. I called the lucky bucket brewery and asking them but when I've called before I just get an automated menu. Kelloggs and the bottling plant are a good idea though.

At some point I suppose I will just have to suck it up and buy some new ones but I just hoped I could score a couple for cheap.

On a related note I was searching for a seal-able steel drum for generator gas (smaller ones ~30gal). I thought the local quick lubes would have them but they all seem to access the pony drums by punching a hole directly into them. After that hole is punched the most potential they have is trash cans.

FarmerRick:
I run across stuff like this occasionally, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.  8)

LTCetme:
http://jonesbarrel.com/

Just located these guys online. I will call tomorrow to see what they want for a barrel and if they are food grade and what the pricing is like.

They are in Omaha.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version