Gear & Equipment > Optics

What should I do??

(1/4) > >>

RobertH:
I'm at a crossroads with my optics and would like some input...

So I have an AR upper that needs a red dot or scope, but here's my problem...  do i want to put my ACOG on my 11.5" 1/7 upper (which would kind of mess up the BDC, especially after 300m) or keep the ACOG on my 16" 1/9?  so if i would move the ACOG to my 11.5" upper, what optic should i buy for the 16" upper (not needing anything super fancy).

So here's the options:
1. keep ACOG on 16" upper and buy a red dot/magnifier on 11.5".
2. move ACOG to 11.5" upper and buy a scope for 16" upper

i use the 11.5" upper for most of my shooting and plinking.  it will be used for just about everything like training and casual shooting, not long(-ish) range.  the 16" upper is used mainly for hunting and longer range.

right now, i am leaning towards buying a red dot and magnifier for my 11.5" upper just because it used to have a Strikefire on it, but it has been moved to my 9mm upper.  i like the convenience of a simple red dot.

opinions???

bkoenig:
Aimpoint or Eotech for the SBR.

tstuart34:
Go with the red dot.

One of these days I'm going to get a 1x6 red dot and scope best of both worlds [emoji3]
I'm actually fighting the urge to buy a pa 1x6 blem right now. I wish they would go out of stock so I can't spend money

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

sjwsti:
I had an ACOG 1.5x16 on my 11.5 and didnt really care for it. Switched to an Aimpoint Micro with an EOTech 3X magnifier and have been quite happy ever since. Went to the range just a few weeks ago and had no problem hitting the 10.5in plate at 400yds with it. FWIW I have given up on EOTech after having problems with two different models. I have had multiple Aimpoints with zero issues.

- Shawn

RobertH:
Well ive thought about this and there no way i can get an EO Tech or Aimpoint. Would Primary Arms and a magnifier be a good compromise?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version