< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gun rights group won't be dining at Papillion Texas Roadhouse; event moved to...  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Dave1215

• Lead Benefactor

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member

402-592-7427  just in case you want to tell someone you will never go into there place again.
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
As a business owner I support their decision.  In MY opinion, this shoving it their face attitude only hurts the cause and feeds the drive-by media frenzy.   Had it been simply enter the dining establishment OCing and not drawing undue attention, likely would have been a non-issue.  For the sake of history and rather large number of us gathered at this eatery in the Fall of 2010 with Mas Ayoob.  Yes, we were concealed but the volume of the varied guns topics didn't leave much for fellow patrons to figure out who we were or what we stood for.  Again, that is MY opinion and I am entitled to it. 

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
As a business owner I support their decision.  In MY opinion, this shoving it their face attitude only hurts the cause and feeds the drive-by media frenzy.   Had it been simply enter the dining establishment OCing and not drawing undue attention, likely would have been a non-issue.  For the sake of history and rather large number of us gathered at this eatery in the Fall of 2010 with Mas Ayoob.  Yes, we were concealed but the volume of the varied guns topics didn't leave much for fellow patrons to figure out who we were or what we stood for.  Again, that is MY opinion and I am entitled to it. 

I agree with you  I think this group has good intentions but they are going about it in the wrong way. The way I see this they want to make it very public and very dramatic. They want to make this into some civil rights issues and they are not going to get public backing. I would think when the NFOA started to do coffee in Gretna they approached the owners and explained who we were and what we stand for. A open line of communication is very important. Walking in and trying to do a civil rights sit in isn't going to cut it anymore.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
There are times when doing what is legal isn't doing what is right. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
The real story is these guys are all like minded and part of their mindset is carrying every day. They meet to discuss their lifestyle which includes open carry. They don't meet soley on that topic. They called and asked if it was okay and alerted police in case someone freaked out. They were outed by an infultrator of their Facebook page and that is where the problem started. When the issue arose, they respectfully left. You guys might want to think about whose side your feelings are helping out.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
The real story is these guys are all like minded and part of their mindset is carrying every day. They meet to discuss their lifestyle which includes open carry. They don't meet soley on that topic. They called and asked if it was okay and alerted police in case someone freaked out. They were outed by an infultrator of their Facebook page and that is where the problem started. When the issue arose, they respectfully left. You guys might want to think about whose side your feelings are helping out.

I am not saying they shouldn't have there dinners but they need to make better choices and disclose more information to restaurants when they make reservations prepare them for 12 guys sitting with guns at the dinner table. Also Facebook is the worse place if you don't want information leaked. People Troll in the worse ways.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
I am not saying they shouldn't have there dinners but they need to make better choices and disclose more information to restaurants when they make reservations prepare them for 12 guys sitting with guns at the dinner table. Also Facebook is the worse place if you don't want information leaked. People Troll in the worse ways.

They DID call and ask the restaraunt and were told "no problem."  It wasn't until the anti crowd caught wind and started harrassing them that they decided they didn't want to be in the middle.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
But the restaurant’s managing partner, Steve Jackson, said Tuesday that the group wasn’t clear about its intentions and was no longer welcome if the participants openly wore their firearms.

It the story I read it both ways.

Nick Crawford, the group’s organizer, said the restaurant expressed concerns about liability issues and general complaints.

When did the express concerns? After the corp. office got involved? Maybe they disclosed there intentions early on to the local manager and he is trying to stay "neutral". 

They are going to get pushback where ever they go if they go to be name chain restaurants. If they locally owned they probably won't  have issues.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
They DID call

Why do they feel the need to call?  Why do they feel the need for unwarranted attention?  If you feel compelled to OC, then simply do it.... Otherwise, ask your spouse or mommy for a hug if you need "attention".....
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 11:19:06 AM by bullit »

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
They called because they DIDN'T want to draw negative attention. They were trying to be courtious and not go somewhere where they wouldn't be welcome. Contrary to popular belief, they weren't looking to create national recognition. They were doing the same thing many on here do at a Gretna cafe. They just happen to carry their hardware in the open, which I think everyone should do from time to time.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
They called because they DIDN'T want to draw negative attention. They were trying to be courtious and not go somewhere where they wouldn't be welcome.

Again, I ask....WHY ???  If the idea is make OC appear "normal", then why draw attention to it?  IMHO calling ahead would be like to let the management know I and my friends were going to wear sandals....  They may be overly concerned a bunch of "radical hipppies" in Birkenstocks are coming to camp out and smoke "fatties".  It kind of doesn't make sense....  If you want OC, do it... I AM 100% BEHIND YOUR ABILITY TO DO SO....however being discreet, and the public will decide for themselves......

Offline KY57

• Forum Member
Even with good intentions, it gets spun in a negative light.    While 100% legal, it does not make us look good.  Much of the public thinks open carry = gun nut. 

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
The story was on KMTV last night: http://www.jrn.com/kmtv/news/Texas-Roadhouse-Rejects-Gun-Group-261038321.html

I'm not a huge fan of open carry for myself.  I personally carry for self defense and for me concealed is better suited for that.  If others want to carry open, cool.  Knock yourself out.  Like others have said here, just try to be a polite gun owner, so as to not give all of us a bad name. 

I am, however, big on the restaurant Netties Fine Mexican Food!  The owner, Mike, is a good friend of mine and he's been a great supporter of the NFOA - he's opened the restaurant on closed days to host events, he's sold LOTS of NFOA raffle tickets for our various raffles, he's donated items for NFOA fundraisers, and he's made financial donations to the NFOA since that's what we run on. 

Mike and the others down at Netties have been getting angry calls from some anti-gun bullies since the news coverage began and I want to let the folks at Netties know lots more people stand with them.  KMTV may be back this evening for a followup news report and I thought it would be great if Netties had a line out the door of supporters who stand with Netties and their support for gun rights - even the gun rights, like open carry, that some of us may not take advantage of.  So, Mindy and I are bringing our daughters down to Netties tonight for dinner. Anyone else want to show up? 

The OC group is showing up at dinner at 6:30. Since we'll have our hands full with a toddler and an infant, we're going to get there early and we aren't planning on joining the OC group.  So whether you want to sit with the OC group, or if we want to have several NFOA tables near each other, c'mon down tonight.  For me, it's not about OCing, it's about supporting Netties who has been a strong supporter of the NFOA! That said, I might even dig out my OWB holster and tuck in my shirt for the evening.  ;D
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
 what time at  Netties Fine Mexican Food ? and where is it located? any other NFOA members gonna be there?  and the big question. do they have Dr Pepper ?
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
We're gonna try to be there about 6:00, though with a toddler and an infant, it always seems to take longer to get out of the house than we plan. Netties address is 7110 Railroad Ave Bellevue, NE 68147. And to answer the big question... Yes. Yes they do have Dr. Pepper!
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
i wont be able to make it, but that would awesome if a lot of people NFOA'ers showed up in force!  (don't forget pamphlets, etc.)

and besides, who cares about OC or CC... they have DR PEPPER!!!
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
Even with good intentions, it gets spun in a negative light.    While 100% legal, it does not make us look good.  Much of the public thinks open carry = gun nut. 

That is why we need to do it more to change that incorrect perception. Not doing it  bolsters that feeling.  Since you are not a nut, you should  help by open carrying.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
i wont be able to make it, but that would awesome if a lot of people NFOA'ers showed up in force!  (don't forget pamphlets, etc.)

and besides, who cares about OC or CC... they have DR PEPPER!!!

Plus , their food is exellent!

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!