< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gun Rights Policy Conference - Sept 26-28 - Chicago, IL  (Read 1650 times)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Gun Rights Policy Conference - Sept 26-28 - Chicago, IL
« on: July 31, 2014, 03:43:54 PM »
I want to extend an invitation to all NFOA members to the 2014 Gun Rights Policy Conference.  This year the event will be held in Chicago, IL at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare Airport on September 26, 27, & 28, 2014.  Yes, I said Chicago.  There is no cost to attend the conference and you get a nice collection of books.  The only real costs will be a couple nights lodging and transportation. Let's get a big group together and we can carpool.

This is a great opportunity to meet folks that have had success improving the firearms legislation in their own states.  Want to know how they got so much accomplished in Kansas recently?  Folks for the KSRA will be there.  That's just one example, as there will be people from all over the country representing many state organizations.  This is a great networking event in addition to the knowledge you get from the full list of speakers.  It's also a lot of fun.  The reception Friday and Saturday evenings have been great food and conversation.

Past speakers include: Alan M. Gottlieb, Joseph P. Tartaro, Eugene Volokh, Wayne LaPierre, Michael Reagan, Larry Elder, Bob Barr, John Lott, Sandy Froman, Massad Ayoob, Tom Gresham, Alan Gura, G. Gordon Liddy, Larry Pratt, Emily Miller and many others.

We have a few folks planning on attending from the Omaha area and are working on driving together and carpooling.

Go to this page to register.  Information on the hotel is on that page too.

http://www.ccrkba.org/?page_id=2898

This is a great way to get ideas on where we can go with our organization and find some motivation.  I hope to see several of you join us.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Gun Rights Policy Conference - Sept 26-28 - Chicago, IL
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 03:46:29 PM »
This wraps up Sunday around lunchtime.  Friday evening is just registration and a mixer.  A group of us will be driving out of Omaha Friday morning and leave Chicago to return home around 1pm Sunday.

Offline RLMoeller

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 01:21:24 PM »
Just received an update in email.   Wanted to share the parts anyone considering attending would find of value.

THE TIME IS NOW….If you would like to reserve a hotel room, do so now.  Rooms are selling fast.  We have arranged a special $112 per night rate.  To get the special rate, simply tell the operator that you are with the Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC) when you call 1-847-696-1234. OR register directly via the web through https://resweb.passkey.com/go/ggrpc

Basic Conference Time Schedule:

The final details are still being determined, but the conference times are:

Friday, September 26th -- Evening reception only (7 pm - 9 pm)

Saturday, September 27th – Conference all day (8 am – 6 pm) and Evening reception (6:30 pm – 8:30 pm)

Sunday, September 28th – Conference half day, (8 am – 1pm)

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 04:01:52 PM »
A group of us are riding together and will be open carrying while in attendance.....

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 05:01:14 PM »
For those interested but worried about costs; other than the hotel room and getting there (and carpooling is good) you are covered very well.  There is enough finger foods at the receptions you won't need diner, and a box lunch is served on Saturday, coffee, juice and some pastry is also available in the mornings.  You will also bring home over $100 worth of materials (books) from the conference.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 05:20:01 PM »
This is a great opportunity guys and gals!
Due to a change in family status, I just can't go as I had planned.
So somebody please go in my stead.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 08:33:30 AM »
A group of us are riding together and will be open carrying while in attendance.....

The Instigator strikes again! :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 09:15:33 AM »
I'll be the one in the Limited Edition Orange IDPA vest

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 09:39:07 AM »
Yo
I'll be the one in the Limited Edition Orange IDPA vest
u'll have to bring one for everyone so ya'll look the same (and don't lose each other)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline seamfa

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 12:30:36 PM »
Does anyone know what the agenda will be?  Will the conference go on through Sunday?  Just trying to figure out vacation request. ~susan
Deus, Patriae, Familiae.
NRA Firearms Instructor and RSO.
Future Tesla owner
#misplacedTexan

Offline RLMoeller

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 01:59:37 PM »
The final agenda gets published rather late.   Saturday is basically 8 - 5 and Sunday is 8 to 12:30.  So if you drive you could be back in Omaha Sunday evening at a reasonable hour.