< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 2014 Annual Meeting  (Read 9699 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: 2014 Annual Meeting
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 04:26:07 PM »
Did anyone mention Kirsten Joy Weiss?

"Starting later than the norm for most competition shooters, she began her Olympic-style rifle career in the latter part of her high school days, but made up for time swiftly. She won gold at the international cup at Bisley, Enlgand and received a collegiate rifle scholarship to the University of Nebraska Lincoln. From there she made the national development team, competed in the World Championships, made the Olympic short-list, won national titles, and the list continues   "

http://kirstenjoyweiss.com/

I have been trying to get her back to Nebraska- but no luck. But trust me, Ima gonna keep trying.
Not sure she would be the bast of speakers, but surely a hoot to shoot with.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »
Even though i have to work, i think it would be awesome to get Colion to do a live NRA Freestyle show at our meeting. But its probably too late for logistics, etc.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline grumpy old man

• NFOA Full Member
    • Stand Up For It !
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2014, 04:47:40 PM »
dont laugh but Justice Clarance Thomas.  He is a huge Nebraska fan and wants to retire in Waverly when he retires.  I would love to hear him speak on the second amendment. 
"One man with courage is a majority." Thomas Jefferson

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” Thomas Jefferson

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 07:42:47 PM »
dont laugh but Justice Clarance Thomas.  He is a huge Nebraska fan and wants to retire in Waverly when he retires.  I would love to hear him speak on the second amendment.

Waverly ? ? ?   :o

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 08:20:40 PM »
Why Waverly?  And how do you know?

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 08:22:50 AM »
Interesting. 

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2014, 09:31:40 AM »

I'd listen to him speak on just about anything. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 10:17:56 AM »
I will be camping at the Heartland Shooting Park the night before the meeting.  I will be at RV pad #9.  Look for a dark gray Dodge Ram 2500 and a pull-behind pop-up camper. 

Members are welcome to join me for a cookout the night before the event.  Bring your own meat to grill and a side dish to share.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 11:32:32 AM »
We should be tenting it also. 

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RLMoeller

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 02:54:02 PM »
Seminars this year at the members meeting:

"A Brief Intro to Tac Med Class" - Shawn Whittington of 88 Tactical Training. Shawn will cover essential components of and Immediate Aid Kit, pros and cons of commercial tourniquets, how and when to apply a tourniquet, pressure dressings and combination bandages, when and how to apply a combination bandage.

"Intro to IDPA Shooting" - Ron Attanasio of IDPA Nebraska. Ron will cover what is "IDPA (International Defensive Shooting Association) Shooting" including the history of IDPA, equipment needed, basic rules, match opportunities in NE, regionally and nationally, etc... He will also have an IDPA stage or two set up for demonstration.

"Defensive Awareness" - Thomas Howard of Precision Response Training. Thomas will cover Defensive awareness under stress, efficient area scans, and effective after-altercation actions. (This will take place in a pistol bay using inert training pistols)

Thomas will also have a Steel challenge stage  set up for demonstration throughout the afternoon like last year.

"NFA Ownership" Scott Jansen of American Reaper Arms. Scott will be discussing the process and possibilities of NFA ownership, as well as bringing along some suppressors and machine guns to demo

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 07:03:24 PM »

"A Brief Intro to Tac Med Class" - Shawn Whittington of 88 Tactical Training. Shawn will cover essential components of and Immediate Aid Kit, pros and cons of commercial tourniquets, how and when to apply a tourniquet, pressure dressings and combination bandages, when and how to apply a combination bandage.

"Intro to IDPA Shooting" - Ron Attanasio of IDPA Nebraska. Ron will cover what is "IDPA (International Defensive Shooting Association) Shooting" including the history of IDPA, equipment needed, basic rules, match opportunities in NE, regionally and nationally, etc... He will also have an IDPA stage or two set up for demonstration.

"Defensive Awareness" - Thomas Howard of Precision Response Training. Thomas will cover Defensive awareness under stress, efficient area scans, and effective after-altercation actions. (This will take place in a pistol bay using inert training pistols)

Thomas will also have a Steel challenge stage  set up for demonstration throughout the afternoon like last year.

"NFA Ownership" Scott Jansen of American Reaper Arms. Scott will be discussing the process and possibilities of NFA ownership, as well as bringing along some suppressors and machine guns to demo

COOL!     Sounds like a good time!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 07:16:03 PM »
In lieu of a guest speaker I vote we hold a "Point/Counterpoint" Debate featuring Thomas versus Shawn.  Topic ...."Competition....It will get you Killed?" .... I'd pay extra for this event.....

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 07:30:19 PM »
In lieu of a guest speaker I vote we hold a "Point/Counterpoint" Debate featuring Thomas versus Shawn.  Topic ...."Competition....It will get you Killed?" .... I'd pay extra for this event.....

Ahhh bullit.  Always the agitator.   :laugh:

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2014, 08:03:13 PM »
CAGE MATCH???

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 09:27:04 PM »
CAGE MATCH???

[sigh]

.....quick-draw match with marshmallow guns?

:)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2014, 06:22:28 AM »
Ahhh bullit.  Always the agitator.   :laugh:

Fly

Typical Squid. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2014, 07:40:18 AM »

No lectures on sweeping the leg drills?  I mean, with mobility exploitation of the target, follow up evaluation becomes easier for ballistic tasking, doesn't it? 

:) 

Sounds like a great line up.  I have my ticket. 

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2014, 08:00:54 AM »
Shall I invite Gary as a mediator? ;)

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2014, 08:18:07 AM »
Ticket purchased
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.