< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Oh Cabela's, you so crazy...  (Read 6891 times)

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Oh Cabela's, you so crazy...
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 10:43:27 PM »

Never intended that to be offensive. I know there are a couple guys that know their stuff in each location, I also know that the last few times I have called either place with a parts/product question, the typical response was "uhhh..."

No problem it's not a big deal. Not everybody knows the answer to every question, we have a LOT of guns we try to keep straight. Sometimes I get a person who I can tell knows a certain gun better than me (usually lever actions or single action revolvers) and I will ask them questions. Makes them feel good to be more knowledgeable about a product and I get to learn things for future customers.

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 01:01:06 PM »
Fondle what you want at the BIG stores and then ask Rod to get it for you!

Moller Sporting Arms...see the ad on the right side!

Wilson

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2014, 08:42:54 AM »
I take offense to that. I work there and have to admit we have some real sharp gun guys. A few of us are very well rounded and a couple people that are extremely competent with certain manufacturers/gun types. Most of the clueless ones are long gone.

I'm thinking that unless they were talking about you, I wouldn't get too offended.  For years, the people working the Cabelas gun counter simply haven't been very competent. 

I'm glad to hear that you think that has changed---but the last two times I was there (in the last month), I heard the standard "women should start with j-frame revolvers" nonsense, one counter person didn't know about the changeable backstraps on Gen 4 Glocks, and there was also the classic "for self-defense, you really should be using a .40 or .45, because those 9mm just aren't that good at stopping people" which was pretty good when they were trying to get a customer to move from a compact 9mm for CCW to a full-size singlestack .45.

Not to mention the guy who pulled the gun out of the counter and pointed it at me while he checked its condition.

I haven't asked them any rifle questions, but in the pistol section at least, I haven't noticed a lot of increase in competency (particularly with regard to safe gun handling).  Perhaps I just didn't talk to the right person.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Laufen

• Post approval required
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2017, 11:14:23 AM »
It's easy to see how much Scheels has paid for a firearm and the date that it was purchased if you know how to read their tags.  It can be very helpful on the rare occasion that they bargain on firearms...mainly used guns.

PM me if you're interested,.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2017, 03:29:33 PM »
It's easy to see how much Scheels has paid for a firearm and the date that it was purchased if you know how to read their tags.  It can be very helpful on the rare occasion that they bargain on firearms...mainly used guns.

PM me if you're interested,.

why not tell everyone? just post here and we can all benefit.
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Laufen

• Post approval required
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 03:45:54 PM »
   why not tell everyone? just post here and we can all benefit.
Just my preference.