< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Class 3 dealer in Kearney? Update: There isn't one.  (Read 4753 times)

Offline jlficken

• NFOA Full Member
Class 3 dealer in Kearney? Update: There isn't one.
« on: June 09, 2014, 03:24:24 PM »
I heard there is a dealer in Kearney but can't seem to find out who it is.  Does anyone have any idea?  I know that there is a new shop that is next to Old West Guns but wasn't sure if they were a Class 3 or not.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 04:56:24 PM by jlficken »

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
Re: NFA dealer in Kearney?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 03:54:09 PM »
I heard there is a dealer in Kearney but can't seem to find out who it is.  Does anyone have any idea?  I know that there is a new shop that is next to Old West Guns but wasn't sure if they were a Class 3 or not.

These are all the active NFA dealers I know of in the state. If you find another, please post name and contact info and I will update my list.

http://www.dickclarklaw.com/news/nfadealersinnebraska

Offline jlficken

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 04:06:48 PM »
They were mistaken as they don't have one in Kearney.

It looks like LaVista is the closest to me so I will have to decide if it is worth it since that is 100+ miles away.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 04:10:44 PM by jlficken »

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 04:18:59 PM »
American Reaper is just south of Lincoln  :)

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 04:24:00 PM »
They were mistaken as they don't have one in Kearney.

It looks like LaVista is the closest to me so I will have to decide if it is worth it since that is 100+ miles away.

If you are in Aurora, you might contact Nick Wilson at Afflicted Applications in Grand Island.

Offline jlficken

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 04:43:14 PM »
American Reaper isn't part of the program so that isn't an option at this time.

Nick doesn't want to be a part of it either and the $100 transfer to get it from SS is just too much for me to swallow.  The biggest thing about buying it from him is he would have to order it and I don't want to wait weeks/months for it to be transferred to him before starting the actual process.  I know that some companies take forever to send product and don't know where Griffin falls inline.

I am still thinking about what I want to do if I even want to mess with it at all.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 04:45:30 PM by jlficken »

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Class 3 dealer in Kearney? Update: There isn't one.
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 05:26:37 PM »
The sooner you start, the sooner you get it. Also buying in stock is the best, you know what youre getting.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline jlficken

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 06:24:50 PM »
The sooner you start, the sooner you get it. Also buying in stock is the best, you know what youre getting.

I agree on both accounts so I am having a Griffin M4SD II sent to Rod in LaVista and will just take my wife out for the day when it arrives.  I wish I could see it in person first but like many things I want to buy doing so in Nebraska is hard so I just risk it.

This is what it will be living on most of the time.  Just got it done the other day minus the BCM sling mount that just arrived today.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 09:23:09 PM »
I looked at Griffin stuff, but passed on it since no one carried it around here. Id like to see a range report when you shoot it.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline jlficken

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 09:36:46 PM »
I looked at Griffin stuff, but passed on it since no one carried it around here. Id like to see a range report when you shoot it.

I almost didn't go with it because of that as well but the Titanium HALO will take quite awhile to show up it seems so figured I might as well get started.  I also like the lift gate latch like the KAC NT-4 versus the thread mount of the HALO.

I will be more than happy to get a review up when it gets approved.  Hopefully it is sooner rather than later.

Offline American Reaper Arms LLC

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 02:56:27 PM »
What program am i not in?

Offline jlficken

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 03:05:56 PM »
What program am i not in?

Silencer Shop Direct.  I was told there are 2 dealers in Nebraska that participate at this time.  One is in LaVista and the other is in Sioux City (I believe).

http://www.silencershop.com/silencer-shop-direct/

Offline m0par

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 08:35:31 AM »
I don't see where the silencer-shop-direct does anything for you that any dealer couldn't do.

Form 4s for a Trust/Corp can be submitted electronically by any Class 3 dealer.  (ETA: yeah, you're right about the eform system being crippled. My point was they talk about it like it is something special, when it is not.)

Nice marketing strategy, but they aren't doing anything for free. ($270 for a $200 tax stamp -- they're including the transfer fee/etc)

Unless they have a great sale price AND their local contracted dealer has it in stock, you're not gaining a thing by going through them rather than straight through a dealer.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:53:57 AM by m0par »
"Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty."--John Basil Barnhill

Offline jlficken

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 08:47:57 AM »
Nobody has been able to submit an eForm 3/4 since the middle of April and Form 1's just came back online earlier this week.

I found a benefit to the program so I went with it.  With a 22LR can it may not be worth going this route since you can find pretty much anything you want locally but this wasn't so simple.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:51:47 AM by jlficken »

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 09:09:13 AM »
The reason i am not and have not been part of that program is i would have to give them access to my eforms and they log on and transfer things as they wish. It would be like you giving me access to your bank account and i will just help myself when i need to be paid. I partially blame them for the downing of the eform system as well. I will not support them. I have lots of money wrapped up in in stock inventory. I also try and match prices. I will help you in the long term with any issues you may ever have and we help with all the paperwork. So no i don't like to help a company thats just trying to get the sale and lowering the whole market by being stupid with there pricing. I try and keep the doors open and don't sell at MSRP. If you guys support your local dealer they will support you. Most all NFA dealers in NE are very good guys and will help out very good. Also I will take you to the range to shoot several models before you buy so you can get the suppressor thats right for you. In short support your local guys. That being said Thanks to all of you who have been loyal customers I appreciate all of you very much.

Offline jlficken

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 10:01:45 AM »
Scott, I can understand your position on the program and respect it but as a software developer I really just don't believe that SS was the cause of the eForms issues as if they were then the ATF would have simply removed their account from the system (or locked it) and been done with it.

I'm really not interested in debating the merits of purchasing locally versus online as that wasn't the intent of this thread.

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 12:15:10 PM »
I understand and i am in no way offended. just wish there was a way i could help you with out giving access to my eforms to silencer shop.

Offline jlficken

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »
I think I want a Spectre II at some point so I will stop by at the next show and check one out.

Offline bwarner

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 10:28:13 AM »
There is now .Jordan at Don's Hobby Guns.