< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: To all instructors, dealers, or other businesses involving firearms...  (Read 1682 times)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Hey all.  For those that have the capability on their firearms business website (and are NOT already doing so), how about providing a link to the NFOA?  The NFOA is here to protect 2A rights, which in turn protects your livelihood.  The benefit to your clients is that they can continue to learn, meet fellow firearms enthusiasts, stay abreast of local and national level events relating to the 2A and firearms in general, and become one of the growing number of folks showing their support for what the NFOA stands for.

If you don't have a website, and are not currently providing your students with information on the NFOA, how about you start?  I believe some folks here on the forum have NFOA brochures that could be handed out?  Otherwise, I'm sure you probably provide some kind of paperwork to the student.  It wouldn't take much room to include info on the NFOA.

Thanks!
Fly
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 08:47:16 PM by OnTheFly »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
I was surprised at the number of Nebraskans I talked to at the Glock match that said they had never heard of the NFOA.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
I have this image at the bottom of every page on my CHP site

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
I have this image at the bottom of every page on my CHP site

Edited my post to target only those that are not already providing info on the NFOA.

Fly

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
I was surprised at the number of Nebraskans I talked to at the Glock match that said they had never heard of the NFOA.

At roughly 7,000 full NFOA members, we have only organized ~0.378% of the total population of Nebraska.  So I guess I'm not that surprised.

Fly

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
My sadness come from another set of numbers. 35,000+ NE CHP holders in Nebraska, and the organization with much responsibility for making that happen only has 7500 members?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
And out of that 7500 we have 100 ish regulars on the forums, 20 ish that are actually active in pushing and growing the group.

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
My sadness come from another set of numbers. 35,000+ NE CHP holders in Nebraska, and the organization with much responsibility for making that happen only has 7500 members?

Excellent point.

Fly

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
And out of that 7500 we have 100 ish regulars on the forums, 20 ish that are actually active in pushing and growing the group.

I had never heard that 35,000 chp # before!.....like you said that is awesome & at the same time sad that we don't have more active members!

I have a plan in my head to make the NFOA more visible online & hopefully appeal to the younger generation, women, & all sorts of other gun owners who don't necessarily go to gun shows or hang out at the range....I'm not saying that I'm going to make some huge difference- but I do feel that if everyone put forth as much effort as I have and/or am planning on we could accomplish great things!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline DCPrecisionLLC

• NFOA Full Member
I posted a link to the NFOA under my contacts page in the affiliates section. I would like to become more involved with the NFOA aside from lurking around the forums but my schedule has been very full. Maybe I can make it out to the next dinner or lunch event.
DCPrecisionLLC
www.dcprecisionllc.com
DCPrecisionllc@gmail.com
(512) 492-5379

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
CHP number posted on line (uncomfermed) is  23,924 (May 3, 2013)

http://www.legallyarmed.com/ccw_statistics.htm
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 05:58:01 PM by Gary »

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
I have not asked for a while........ But stats directly from NSP:

As of Oct 2, 2013
Issued= 32,256

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
I have not asked for a while........ But stats directly from NSP:

As of Oct 2, 2013
Issued= 32,256

Awesome! Clear evidence that the NFOA has plenty of room to grow!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
How many gun shops are in Nebraska? There must be a list somewhere.   

What would it take to contact each and ask them to do one or more of these things?

1) Put up an NFOA poster.
2) Include a "Join the NFOA - it's FREE!" note with each purchase.
3) Join the NFOA themselves.

How many gun ranges / gun clubs are in Nebraska?

What would it take to do same at each of those?

The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline newfalguy101

• Forum Member
How many gun shops are in Nebraska? There must be a list somewhere.   

As simple as doing an FFL search on ATF's website.....

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
A couple of years ago I used that list of FFL holders from the ATF (approximately 700) and sent a nice letter on NFOA letterhead along with one of the NFOA brochures asking that they join us and offered to send brochures they can give out.  I included the CCW instructors listed on the NSP website at the time.

The result was disappointing.

I believe you could have good results by going into the shops and visiting with the owners face to face.   Members across the state taking a few minutes each week visiting a gun shop and talking about the NFOA could do wonders.

If you have a CHP talk to the instructor that taught your class about the NFOA and ask that they give out brochures.

Anyone that wants NFOA brochures just needs to ask.  We have plenty.   And if we run low we will order more.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
And DenmanShooter, I like your idea of a poster.

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
http://www.solidred.net/nfoa/nfoaposter.pdf

Very cool! The poster looks good!  We were just discussing the need for something printable to be able to hang on bulletin boards at gun shops & similar locations! 

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline RLMoeller

• NFOA Full Member
Very nicely done!   Thank you.