< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: From the very early days  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
From the very early days
« on: July 02, 2014, 12:57:46 PM »
I was onto Chuck Hagel before it was cool. The following is from one of many missive I wrote concerning Chuckie between 2004 and 2006.

"Some months back The President asked that the legislature send him a "clean bill" on the Gun maker lawsuit exemption legislation. "Republican" Chuck Hagel voted to attach the AWB to it as an amendment, thusly stabbing the President in the back."

Ever wonder why a really left leaning president would appoint a Nebraska republican as his secretary of defense?

Chuckie has been BFF's with Bob Kerrey and John Kerry for more years than I care to count. As Bush's Nebraska campaign manager in 2004, during the Republican Convention in NYC in 2004, Chuckie co-hosted, with Bob Kerrey, a cross-town reception for presidential candidate John Kerry. John McCain was also in attendance at this bash.

Here is one of the articles I penned on Chuckie from August 2005. It contains links to previous dissertations posted in 2004.

http://nebraskanews.blogspot.com/2005/08/hagelisms-are-begining-to-abound_23.html

When he was a local and state politician Hagel never was or has been a friend of Nebraska gun owners.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
Re: From the very early days
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 11:40:59 AM »
I never did care for that carpet bagger. I used to think it was funny that our democrat senator (Nelson) was really a republican and our republican senator (Hagel) was really a democrat.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: From the very early days
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 12:45:55 PM »
Chuck You Hagel contracted Potomac Fever early on...... and let us not be surprised that Mike "Johanna" voted to confirm him for SECDEF, but alas he (Johanna) was a Democrat in his prior life .... and Jeff Fortenberry ..... and  on and on and on......
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:49:28 PM by bullit »