< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Liberty Arms Grand Opening  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
Liberty Arms Grand Opening
« on: June 28, 2014, 01:10:57 PM »
Went to the Grand Opening, got there about 30 min. early, was 7th in line.  By the time the doors opened, probably had 30 people or so waiting.

The new guns were marked MSRP, while the used ones both long guns and pistols were not that much better in price. 

There was a people from CZ and Mossberg/Springfild on hand.

Overall a very nice layout of the store, extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff.  Had a nice sitting area and a long raised table with network connections also had huge windows so you can lookout over the huge motorcycle area.  They also had a nice selection of guns.

Didn't see any prices on ammo.

Really nice place, I'd go there if I live in Lincoln.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 03:01:04 PM by Lmbass14 »

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Liberty Arms Grand Opening
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 01:33:06 PM »
i stopped by for a bit too... it was nice and kind of busy.  some of their ammo prices were ok, but i didn't buy anything.  i might stop by on Monday and look around again.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 02:40:56 PM »
Nice store....prices though make Scheels seem cheap.....definitely msrp and then some

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 09:53:45 PM »
Yeah, like the shop but wasn't impressed with the prices either.  Hopefully with DE Guns new shop, Scheels in town, and the shop in Bennet just down the road, the competition will make everyone more competitive in the long run price-wise.

Definitely didn't go bare-bones on the facilities, though.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 02:25:29 AM »
Anxious to see it.   Does any of the inventory look like it came from Exeter?

The gun business has changed so much from the years I was selling guns.    Today, you go to Gun Broker, and bid on millions of guns, and get exactly what you want.

Seems like investing in a box store, brick and mortar anything, these days, is a risk.

I decided I wanted a new (new as I could find) Star PD.  Well, they quit making them about 30 years ago.  I used to have one, and I wanted one for my collection.    You just cannot shop to find exactly what you want, buy walking into every box store in town, if you are looking for rare items.

Best of luck to these new stores, trying to sell box store retail in an internet discount world. 

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 06:04:07 AM »
Any handgun powder?

;D

Offline monkeyboy

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 06:11:59 AM »
No components, but they do have centerfire and rimfire ammo in stock.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 01:54:33 PM »
Anxious to see it.   Does any of the inventory look like it came from Exeter?

The gun business has changed so much from the years I was selling guns.    Today, you go to Gun Broker, and bid on millions of guns, and get exactly what you want.

Seems like investing in a box store, brick and mortar anything, these days, is a risk.

I decided I wanted a new (new as I could find) Star PD.  Well, they quit making them about 30 years ago.  I used to have one, and I wanted one for my collection.    You just cannot shop to find exactly what you want, buy walking into every box store in town, if you are looking for rare items.

Best of luck to these new stores, trying to sell box store retail in an internet discount world. 

Gary, I asked the owner if he indeed bought the Exeter inventory, and he said he did.  They held some private viewings before the opening, and sold a ton of weapons then.

bk - Didn't see any components either.

They were handing out 50 rds. of Remington .22, had to fill out a voucher though.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 03:23:40 PM »

Don't forget Nebraska Gun, Thunder Alley, and Big Shots.....never mind Acher Arms and the other Pawns

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 04:12:06 PM »
Yes, I shouldn't have forgotten Nebraska Gun (great guy but really small selection :(   ), Thunder Alley, or Big Shots.  As far as the pawn shops go, well....yes they have guns for sale, but their prices and service are...well...lacking to say the least. 

Offline Kodiak

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 06:15:44 AM »
And de guns. Went to archer once. Selection is what it is, but service was horrible. Pretty much treated me like I was interrupting their very important news paper reading. Needless to say, they've gotten no business from me.