< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NAGR  (Read 786 times)

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
NAGR
« on: July 06, 2014, 09:04:28 PM »
From my friend Dave Kopel;

The truth about the fundraising corporation whose specialty is deceitful attacks on progun groups and candidates.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Truth-About-the-National-Association-for-Gun-Rights-NAGR/325633370820160
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
Re: NAGR
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 12:24:16 AM »
Wow....what a piece of work! He has a huge social media following. On Facebook for instance, the NRA official page will post a great story & get 10-20,000 likes all day.....NAGR will post a pic of a few guns & a clever catch phrase & have 30,000+ likes within an hour...

http://www.5280.com/magazine/2013/08/Dudley-browns-war?page=0%2C0

After reading this article describing how he has (in a lot of people's opinions) turned Colorado to a blue state with his bashing of moderate republicans....I would never donate to NAGR & I really hope they don't fubar anything here now that they have an "office" here.

Time to cut another check to SAF!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 10:05:26 PM »
I got a membership card and packet from NAGR a while ago after never having signed up. I'm pretty sure, though, that the mailing list was purchased from conservative sources. I tracked similarly formated letters from NAGR to Michelle Bachmann. Now I never signed up for anything with her, but her mailers and emails were similarly formatted to an offshoot of a Ron Paul aligned PAC. I donated to Ron Paul's campaign before the NE primary in 2012 and my info has been bought and sold through the channels.

It is true that being more aggressive and setting their memes in a rhetorical pathos setting allows NAGR to snag a youthful and energetic following on social media. They are really modeled after some of the liberal social media sites in how they frame issues so pointedly and skewed buffering themselves from any rebuttal.

Now, if only they wouldn't create so much infighting!?
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 10:22:39 PM »
All of the infighting comes from NAGR's Using a particular situation to raise money; We need your donations so we can defeat etc...

Then other than a few emails they never ever seem to do anything to justify the money they spend. I have seen their financial reports when they get around to filing them.

After all is said and done they claim they and only they were responsible for the victory. If it wasn't passed they blame SAF, NRA etc.. for interfering while telling their adoring fans to send more money so they can counter those other worthless gun groups the next time.

This guy called me years ago when I was working on getting people together for what has become the NFOA. He words were; You can turn this into your personal cash cow and I can show you how to do it. Make it yours as a sole ownership organization, make them pay dues and regularly have donation drives for more money to fight the cause. Pay yourself a huge salary and bill the organization for any and all travel expenses just make sure you discuss the cause with someone while your on vacation.

After the NFOA became official another member of this group received a call from him with the same advice.

Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 10:49:03 PM »
After the NFOA became official another member of this group received a call from him with the same advice.

That would be me, and I told him to pound sand
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.