Gear & Equipment > Optics

New 1.5-4x30 optic

(1/2) > >>

landon410:
I had won a couple amazon gift cards through work recently and decided to take a shot at an off brand AR optic. If it sucks I'm not really out any money so I thought what the heck.

1.5-4x30 illuminated scope, just got it in the mail today, mounted it over my lunch break,it is on the heavy side for a low power scope and the mount it came with is bulky, but it looks pretty good. I like the reticle, 3 color options, off/black, red, and green. I hope to shoot it this weekend or next and should be able to give a review of it at that time, until then.....

landon410:
here is the company website, like I said it was free to me, so I'll give it a shot.

http://www.monstrumtactical.com/Monstrum-Tactical-Illuminated-Reticle-Offset/dp/B00K2CQ0SM?field_availability=-1&field_browse=6664010011&id=Monstrum+Tactical+Illuminated+Reticle+Offset&ie=UTF8&refinementHistory=brandtextbin%2Csubjectbin%2Ccolor_map%2Cprice%2Csize_name&searchNodeID=6664010011&searchPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12

gsd:
$100 (or free for you) isn't bad if it holds zero. Interested in the results.

landon410:
i ran a tasco pronghorn on my 50cal muzzleloader for a couple years, then ended up putting that on my remington 597, when I decided to run my muzzleloader open sights.
It holds zero like a champ

this new scope feels better than the tasco, hard to describe that other then holding it in your hand, playing with adjustment dials, it just feels pretty good

seems clear when I look through it, I like the reticle a lot, thats really what sold me on it. I wanted a 1-4 scope and when I found this I knew I wanted to try it.

Hardwood83:
That's interesting. I believe you generally get what you pay for, but I have had pretty good results with cheap optics. For my primary hunting rifle or serious use? By all means get good glass. A plinker or general use kick around gun? I'm all for the cheapo chinese scopes. Good for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version