Gear & Equipment > Optics

New 1.5-4x30 optic

<< < (2/2)

landon410:
ok, so I was just reminded I didn't update my review of this after using it.
I've now shot this set up twice

last Thursday put maybe 60 rounds through it, sighting it in and just shooting a little bit, easy to sight in 1/2 inch clicks though, pay attention to that, whoops....

This past weekend I'd guess there were 250 rounds shot through this gun scope combo. On a 10 scale I'd give it a solid 8

the good
I like that you can shoot 2 eyes open easily if wanted/needed
I like the reticle, although it was too bright to be able to see the red/green so just ran it black to entire time.
at 50 yards standing the scope is as good as anything else, the glass is clear I wasn't getting any fishbowling
it held its zero the entire time, it looks pretty good, guys who were at this shoot with my that were running more expensive optics liked it as well, one of them asked to use it for his turn at 50 yards instead of his because he was running a high power scope.

the bad
i don't like the dials, i don't think a 1.5-4 needs these, they have no caps but are locking, just seems unneeded, could be more slim/sleek with normal dials and caps.
when shooting at 150 yards the reticle is HUGE, although this scope isn't really meant for that type of bench shooting it can do it, i shot about a 2 inch group off bench with bi pod when really taking my time. At 100 yards it was clear and easy to hit 8 inch round target while standing freehand.
its on the heavy side for a low power optic

all in all I'm pretty happy with it, for shooting 100 and in off hand it'll do just fine, get out past 100 yards and the reticle starts getting pretty large, I'd guess I would have no problem hitting at 200 yard with this, but you'd have to take your time from a bench or with a bi pod.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version