< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Walther PPQ M2  (Read 1943 times)

Offline terminalvelocity16

• NFOA Full Member
Walther PPQ M2
« on: July 08, 2014, 06:37:54 PM »
Anyone own/experience a Walther PPQ? I've been thinking about purchasing one. I'm a lefty and have a hard time finding firearms that
are comfortable to use/carry. I heard they are very nice with a reversible mag drop and ambi- slide release.  Just interested in what the community has to say about one, good bad or indifferent.

-Term

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Walther PPQ M2
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 06:43:06 PM »
I have the M1 with the european/hk style mag release on the trigger guard.
The trigger is great and it fits my hand very well.
It's my winter carry gun.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 05:50:11 AM »
i like the M&P.  everything on them is ambi.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 09:13:52 PM »
If it's as good as the P99, it would be an outstanding choice.  Glock and M & P pistols have a greater selection of goodies available.

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 01:57:44 AM »
Picked one up a couple weeks ago in 9mm. Of the double stack polymer guns it is my favorite. Comfortable grip, PHENOMENAL trigger, easier slide to disassemble than my Glock, and did I mention the trigger?. I have shot Sig(not sure of model), Glock 23, Beretta 92A1, Smith M&P, Springfield XD and the PPQ M2 for double stack autos, and the only one I prefer to it is the Beretta. And I probably like the 92A1 the most because of the heavy weight for quick recovery, but that DA/SA isn't ideal. I didn't care for the crappy XD trigger and top heavy feel. Really don't remember the feel of the Sig since it was the first handgun I ever shot and didn't have anything to compare it to. Glock is great and never ever ever malfunctions and the M&P was a great one also. My only gripe on the PPQ is the slightly high bore axis, if it was just a little bit lower it would be a hands down winner for me. Magazine release location and size on the M2 is flawless, the slide stop is awesome, and the reset on the trigger is crazy short. Those PPQ's are a commonly overlooked gem, I highly recommend it.

Offline terminalvelocity16

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 03:23:27 PM »
Thanks for the great advice everyone. I think I'm well sold on one.