< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: AR Rifle Sling  (Read 3450 times)

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
AR Rifle Sling
« on: July 13, 2014, 10:21:32 AM »
I am looking for a new sling for my rifle. I currently have a cheap nylon single point and it digs into my neck and is not comfterable to wear for much more then a few minutes. I have been looking a Vtac padded two point sling. With QD points on either end and a adaptor so I can convert it to a single point if I choose.

Any one have one and like it?

Anyone have recommendations on something different?

Offline Rlemons23

• NFOA Full Member
Re: AR Rifle Sling
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 11:58:39 AM »
loadoutroom.com/6060/awesome-m4-sling/

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 12:46:15 PM »
I have the vtac. I love it. Keep it tight while I walk so it doesn't knock around, loosen instantly when I want to use it.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 01:33:12 PM »
loadoutroom.com/6060/awesome-m4-sling/

Do you have one how comfortable is it with no padding?   I need something that I can wear with a t-shirt. Since I do not have or want a plate carrier right now.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 01:34:36 PM »
I have the vtac. I love it. Keep it tight while I walk so it doesn't knock around, loosen instantly when I want to use it.

Jon

What attachments are you using ? Do you have the padded or unpadded?

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 03:29:06 PM »
I run the padded one with qd's

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 04:09:37 PM »
I have a padded Troy single point (I don't support Troy Industries any more so I won't recommend it) but it is as comfy as a single point can get, but I have migrated back towards the 2 point adjustable slings that are convertible to a single point.

I have a Rocky Mountain Tactical SUMMIT convertible http://www.rockymountaintactical.net/product.php?id_product=10

and recently added 2 Magpul MS3 QD slings that I am using as 2 point.

I could be convinced to sell the Troy single point
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 04:18:25 PM »
Well Dan, how much you willing to give me to take it off your hands??
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 04:23:32 PM »
6 cupcakes with sprinkles
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 04:39:59 PM »
I have a Troy rail and like it. Its to bad they part of there company has bad hiring choices. Viking tactical also sells to Laure so I.might look at there sling it also comes will all the hardware but double the money....

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:46:56 PM by tstuart34 »

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 07:45:33 PM »
What type of sling are you looking for?  Do you want one that you can utilize to stabilize the rifle for unsupported shots or do you want a single point "tactical" sling?

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 09:32:55 PM »
What type of sling are you looking for?  Do you want one that you can utilize to stabilize the rifle for unsupported shots or do you want a single point "tactical" sling?

After using the single point that I have I cant say that I totally care for it. I don't care for the way it rides when I am not supporting the rifle while walking do doing a task.

I have never used a two point besides on my bolt rifles. After doing some research I am liking the Vtac it has a padded strap for comfort and lots of adjustability.

http://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-mk2.htm

Since you supply your hardware with that sling I was thinking about picking up one of the 2to1 adaptors that they offer. Then I could switch to a single point if I have a need for it.

http://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-2to1.htm

Does any other companies offer a 2point padded sling?

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 09:41:11 AM »
Does any other companies offer a 2point padded sling?

Several companies make padded slings.  I just haven't seen many on AR's as they don't weight all that much.

If you're looking for a sling as a shooting aid, I can highly recommend the TAB Gear FTW sling.  It's pretty comfortable for carry as well.  I plan to carry a 10 lb rifle about 30 miles using my FTW sling.

Offline mdc0331

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 12:12:27 PM »
I have had the padded V-Tac for years and it is awesome I highly recommend it!

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 12:42:30 PM »
I use this for my 2-point.   The cord wrap makes for decent padding and is comfortable.

http://www.amazon.com/Paracord-Survival--Adjustable-Length-5-Colors-2/dp/B00AUDWYEM/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1406395256&sr=1-1&keywords=550+lb+Paracord+Survival+2-Point+Gun%2FRifle+Sling

Corporate page: http://para-cord-belts.com/products-page/product-category/double-cobra-on-1-25-nylon-50-00/
All products are made with Authentic 550lb tested Commercial Paracord from an American Manufacturer.
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 08:03:30 PM »
I wanted to give a update to finish off this thread. I ended up buying a Viking Tactical Two point from Primary arms. They had some inventory issues and ran out of the model that I had purchased so they had to upgrade me to the all steel hardware version... darn :D I got a great deal on eBay on some QD swivels and a blemished QD end plate.

I ran this sling in the last DC Shootout a few weeks ago and really liked. I need to do some more adjusting to get it so it rides right through its full range of motion. Even when it was slightly out of adjustment it was still useful when I was shooting standing to help lock the rifle into place.

After running this sling for a day I can see how a single point can be useful. Its all about using the right tool for the right job. I am going to get adapter for turning my two point into a single point. Not sure if this goes with the saying above but I though I would give it a try to see if a can make a multi tool.

Thanks for everyone input on this.