< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Mayors Against Illegal Guns  (Read 2342 times)

Offline flatwater_go

• NFOA Full Member
Mayors Against Illegal Guns
« on: September 27, 2009, 10:34:59 PM »
NFOA, thanks for the alert.  I sent my comments off today:

Mayor _______,

I am  urging you to reassess and resign your membership in Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG).  As is often the case in politics, things are not what they may seem with this organization.

Mayors Against Illegal Guns was founded and is funded by anti-gun activist billionaire and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.  His national group of anti-gun mayors has repeatedly lobbied Congress to further restrict the rights of law abiding firearm owners. 

MAIG has lobbied against national reciprocity of state Right-to-Carry permits, against much-needed reform of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), for regulating gun shows out of existence, and for repealing the Tiahrt Amendment that protects the privacy rights of law-abiding gun owners and limits disclosure of sensitive firearm trace data.

A detailed analysis of MAIG can be found on the NRA website: http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=255&issue=011

Mayor Michael Bloomberg created "Mayors Against Illegal Guns" as a front group to lobby Congress, to oppose important pro-gun reforms and support new federal gun control restrictions.  With its very misleading name, some mayors have joined without realizing the group's strong anti gun agenda.

I urge you to support law-abiding gun owners in Nebraska by publicly disassociating with Michael Bloomberg's  ?Mayors Against Illegal Guns.?

Thank you for your time.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Mayors Against Illegal Guns
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 10:45:44 PM »
Great 1st post...Welcome
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 08:42:08 PM »
NFOA, thanks for the alert.  I sent my comments off today:

Mayor _______,

I am  urging you to reassess and resign your membership in Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG).  As is often the case in politics, things are not what they may seem with this organization.

Mayors Against Illegal Guns was founded and is funded by anti-gun activist billionaire and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.  His national group of anti-gun mayors has repeatedly lobbied Congress to further restrict the rights of law abiding firearm owners. 

MAIG has lobbied against national reciprocity of state Right-to-Carry permits, against much-needed reform of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), for regulating gun shows out of existence, and for repealing the Tiahrt Amendment that protects the privacy rights of law-abiding gun owners and limits disclosure of sensitive firearm trace data.

A detailed analysis of MAIG can be found on the NRA website: http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=255&issue=011

Mayor Michael Bloomberg created "Mayors Against Illegal Guns" as a front group to lobby Congress, to oppose important pro-gun reforms and support new federal gun control restrictions.  With its very misleading name, some mayors have joined without realizing the group's strong anti gun agenda.

I urge you to support law-abiding gun owners in Nebraska by publicly disassociating with Michael Bloomberg's  ?Mayors Against Illegal Guns.?

Thank you for your time.

Make sure and let them know you are a proud member of the NFOA. It's time they knew about the NFOA.
I'm going to deliver at least two letters in person this week.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline rich17z

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 11:27:41 PM »
The mayors who joined Bloombergs anti-gun group and donated monies from our taxes should be recalled and the reason why some mayors quit the group because I heard thru the grapevine and I do not know if it is true or not that the mayors will be held as an accessories to a felony because of Bloombergs people going out and making staw handgun buys.   And using phony ids at the same time.  rich17z@cox.net.   I told the same to the recepionist for Mayor Suttle and she didnt know what a straw purchase was.   Same with his hotline peoples.   And we are paying taxes for these goofs??????  TIME FOR A RECALL.   Get the petions started.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 09:33:48 PM »
Hopefully the petitions will be out by Dec. Those people at his office have no cluewhat the hell they are doing. Just like Suttle. I think allot of the drop outs just found out the true agenda of MAIG...GUN CONTROL.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline flatwater_go

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 05:23:06 PM »
Response from Omaha Mayor Jim Suttle:

"As Mayor of Omaha, I consistently supported your second Amendments rights. I have also consistently supported keeping illegal guns
out of the hands of criminals.

The Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition does not support any action that infringes upon the Amendment rights of law abiding gun
owners.  This organization was created to share best practices about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and does not threaten
those who legally purchase or possess firearms.  In fact, this organization promotes laws that also protect law-abiding gun owners.

I will continue to do what I can to make our community safer by working to ensure illegal guns are off the streets and out of the hands
of those who break the law."

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 06:53:04 PM »
ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME??!!! What a bunch of BS.
This is just another reason for the recall to start NOW!!! The guy is clueless. What an idiot.
Anyboby else getting a response from Suttle?
Post them if you are.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 07:08:35 PM by huskergun »
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 08:25:17 PM »
I stopped by Mayor Suttles office today and dropped off a 5 page letter to him explaining the facts about MAIG and Mayor Bloomberg. I included testimonials from mayors that had quit MAIG along with qoutes and statments made by Bloomberg. I also challenged the Mayor to show us in the NFOA what pro Second Amendment laws MAIG has promoted.
 I'm looking forward to his explainations to my questions. Should be interesting.
We need to keep hammerin on these guys.
I'll be contacting the other Mayors shortly.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 09:03:02 PM »
I stopped by Mayor Suttles office today and dropped off a 5 page letter to him explaining the facts about MAIG and Mayor Bloomberg. I included testimonials from mayors that had quit MAIG along with qoutes and statments made by Bloomberg. I also challenged the Mayor to show us in the NFOA what pro Second Amendment laws MAIG has promoted.
 I'm looking forward to his explainations to my questions. Should be interesting.
We need to keep hammerin on these guys.
I'll be contacting the other Mayors shortly.

Great job, now if we could just get a few hundred more people to do that...and get some press coverage while doing it.

Come on, NFOA members, let's inundate his office with letters!!
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 10:39:08 AM »

Bloomberg's Mayoral Gun Group Losing Members

Mayors Against Illegal Guns, led by New York's Michael Bloomberg, is losing members after the National Rifle Association mounted a campaign against the group. The NRA and various gun proponents contend that the mayors' efforts represent a slippery slope.

Whole story at: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=114369908
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.