< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: And the DOPES are at it again .......  (Read 9521 times)

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: And the DOPES are at it again .......
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 04:13:23 PM »
Differing points of view are essential for fleshing out what will be presented as the public face of the NFOA.

The problem is when some of us take the grabbers position and demean their fellow gun owners. That is what they (grabbers) are working to do and we play right into their hands. This is the one issue they work the hardest at in dividing and conquering.

During the time I spent working to get concealed carry in Nebraska the grabbers kept reminding us that we didn't need it because open carry was and still is legal.

"Why do you need to conceal a gun, only thugs hide their guns, open carry is legal, strap it on and wear it so we can all see it."

The tactic was to keep concealed carry from passing. Then when more and more people open carried they could work to ban that as well.

Now that we have concealed carry the grabbers have reversed their tactic. They are bad mouthing it to get it made illegal because we have concealed carry. If they succeed their next step will be to further restrict or rescind concealed carry.

Never ever forget their ultimate goal is a total ban on private firearms ownership.

Everything they do is to that end one small step at a time and when one of us starts making their case for them they say "Look, see even gun owners support this or that law."
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 04:17:47 PM »
I do believe the Dope comment in this case was way over the line, that being said I think their OC get together would of been a win if it was kept out of the media. The media exposure rallies the opposition and hurts the business that they meet at.
We as gun owners need to patronize business that support carrying, no matter how you chose to do it.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 04:25:54 PM »
Typical liberal tactic; when you can not articulate or defend your emotional position with common sense and facts you resort to name calling.

Okay, I'm a dope.

I really am trying to understand your point of view. I just can't seem to get my head that far up my ass!

Was this directed at me Gunscribe?   

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 04:27:55 PM »
hurts the business that they meet at.
Don't tell that to Shooters Grill in Rifle, CO. Their business is BOOMING (pun intended) and they advertise that they support open carry in their place of business.
And that from the land of Kalifornia 2.0.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 04:30:42 PM »
The media exposure rallies the opposition and hurts the business that they meet at.

Maybe but only in the very short term if it does at all. In many other states routinely having open carry get togethers raised awareness and quickly became the norm when the general public came to realize what a non-issue it really is.

The more it happens the less the average citizen of local media pays attention to it. Because it rarely happens it sells newspapers. When it is a daily occurrence in a short time nobody cares.   

We as gun owners need to patronize business that support carrying, no matter how you chose to do it.

Absolutely! Comment on their webpage, Facebook Page etc.. what a good time you had there how delicious the food was and how good the service was. And let them know you are a member of the NFOA. Hell if you find a place post it here and we can all stop in and eat or buy is we get a chance.

Call and speak to the manager praising individual employees by name.
La Luz, NM

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2014, 05:04:35 PM »
... that being said I think their OC get together would of been a win if it was kept out of the media. The media exposure rallies the opposition and hurts the business that they meet at.

It could still be a win if HF Crave has more business than they know what to do with, tomorrow night, regardless of OC preferences.  I'm going to try to make it or at least get some takeaway.  Anyone else? 

Crave's facebook page is being slathered with all sorts of pansy-a** comments.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2014, 05:13:47 PM »
I'm in..... I will be the guy carrying concealed..... ;)

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2014, 05:21:31 PM »
Crave's facebook page is being slathered with all sorts of pansy-a** comments

Push back on their Facebook page, call them and thank them for their support and be a good tipper! Impressing the wait staff gets you welcomed back.
La Luz, NM

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2014, 06:06:02 PM »
I went today - concealed.  Made it a point to tell both the cook (bald, full tats badass) that I appreciated them not caving, not listening to the 3% of the population that wets it panties at the thought of a gun.  Told him I drove across town today just to spend money with them and let them know that the support may not yell and scream on facebook, but we are many, we have money to spend, and we will spend it at HF Crave.

On the way out, said the exact same thing to the bearded guy (manager)? and let him know that just because he doesnt hear the positives as much as he hears the negative to know that he is doing the right thing.  Shook his hand and said thank you.

Both replied that they had received some off the wall phone calls, but that they were not going to cave in and stop the open carry event.

Go "like" their FB page. Dont get into any hairy discussions with the bed wetters.  Go tonight or tomorrow for lunch and get a burger.  Come tomorrow night and spend some money. 

VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET AND LET HF CRAVE KNOW YOU SUPPORT THEM!

We finally have a business that is not caving in to the lefty loonies - and wether you support OC or CC - WE are all firearm owners and HF Crave needs our support. 

66 bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2014, 08:21:23 PM »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2014, 09:30:24 PM »
Liked! Thanks Fly.
La Luz, NM

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2014, 09:41:13 PM »
Liked! Thanks Fly.

And if you are ever back in Lincoln, you need to try one of their burgers.  Naturally raised, hormone free beef.  You can build your own burger, or order one of their "Signature Burgers".  One of my favorites is the PB&B, or Peanut Butter & Bacon.  YES...I said PEANUT BUTTER. They aren't cheap, but they are SOOO good.

Fly

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2014, 12:31:56 PM »
ok, serious question.... is anyone going tonight?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2014, 12:58:19 PM »
ok, serious question.... is anyone going tonight?

Prob'ly just going to do carry out. Want to support the business but got a kid at home with a cold so don't want to get him out.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2014, 01:04:21 PM »
I'll be the one carrying concealed.....love their burgers....

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2014, 02:39:48 PM »
Just a thought,

Maybe, since you guys from Lincoln can't seem to get your monthly breakfast meet and greet going, try a weeknight burger fest.

Just a thought.
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2014, 03:22:51 PM »
Just a thought,

Maybe, since you guys from Lincoln can't seem to get your monthly breakfast meet and greet going, try a weeknight burger fest.

Just a thought.

Problem with that doug, is that there are already so many things going on that weren't when Jeremy and I started talking about a lincoln meet. And then people *****ed about not having one in Lincoln, so we had a couple, and what do you know, they didn't show.

Honestly, I've been so damn busy between work and school and personal issues that I am surprised someone else hasn't stepped up and taken over the Lincoln side of it.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2014, 03:40:45 PM »

Good... I'll eat a burger (or two or three) there for them.  Their burgers and fries ROCK ....

Will you be the one in the bright orange shoot me first vest?  :laugh:

Flight

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2014, 04:40:07 PM »
Fly.....you never will know....you never will know......

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2014, 04:44:05 PM »
I heard he had switched to Texas Burnt Pink.  :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller