General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Should I fix this truck?

<< < (3/4) > >>

tstuart34:
I know several people that have purchased vechical from these guys. There work seems to be good quality.  There is a lot of good deals on newer damaged vehicles.

I am with everyone else. Sell the truck op. It will never be the same. You will fight getting it back into full working forum.

Another thing to look at is you have a good running truck. Find a truck with a blown motor and do a engine swap.

zofoman:

--- Quote from: tstuart34 on August 10, 2014, 10:51:25 AM --- Find a truck with a blown motor and do a engine swap.
--- End quote ---

I've pulled wrenches since my days of youth on the farm...built & raced several drag cars and did auto repair on the side to fund that expensive "hobby".  So, by judging on what I see & hear of this situation, there is too much work & money in what is needed to get that rig roadworthy again.    The engine swap scenario makes more sense.   Find a vehicle that needs a new motor or tranny & do the swap yourself in less than a weekend (or hire it done) AND you have a parts vehicle to rob all the good stuff off of to make one good ride out of two.   Scrap/sell whats left and recoup some of the cost.   Craigslist is your friend in a situation like this.

newfalguy101:
As for pulling the motor, as hard as that hit appears to be, I would pull the motor and look it over very very closely BEFORE springing for  a donor vehicle to put it into.  Before you actually pull the motor, its really hard to tell what exactly may have been damaged either in the accident OR when hooking up forklifts to pull the frame.

tstuart34:

--- Quote from: newfalguy101 on August 10, 2014, 01:03:31 PM ---As for pulling the motor, as hard as that hit appears to be, I would pull the motor and look it over very very closely BEFORE springing for  a donor vehicle to put it into.  Before you actually pull the motor, its really hard to tell what exactly may have been damaged either in the accident OR when hooking up forklifts to pull the frame.

--- End quote ---

Very true. I have seen motors that look ok until you pull them out and the motor mount holes are ripped off the block... very disappointing.  ;D

SemperFiGuy:

--- Quote ---That IS a lot of miles for your Isuzu-built Acura.  I'd sell it while it's still running.

--- End quote ---

You and I both would.

However, Beautiful Wife is attached to it like a starfish on the pier.

Maybe I'll buy 20nickels scrappable pickup truck and repair it for my own hunting rig.  Not have to borrow wife's SLX.

sfg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version