< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Hmmmmmmm???  (Read 994 times)

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Hmmmmmmm???
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 09:13:32 PM »
So are we supposed to loot "white" style now?   I'm thinking I'm going to loot Whole Foods tonight for some garlic parmesan flax crackers and organic blueberries.  But I've got to do it early because I need to get up early for work tomorrow.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 09:17:32 PM »
Thugs seem to come in all shapes and sizes.   It is not an ACLU thing, it is a Right and Wrong thing.     

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 10:42:34 PM »
Thugs seem to come in all shapes and sizes.   It is not an ACLU thing, it is a Right and Wrong thing.     

This should be a Right and Wrong thing, Guilty or Innocent after all the evidence has thoroughly been considered, but the Ferguson Missouri case is being tried in the court of public opinion as the left wing media spreads lies and keeps fanning the flames.
Quote from: feralcatkillr

link=topic=12606.msg89913#msg89913 date=1408587212
So are we supposed to loot "white" style now?   I'm thinking I'm going to loot Whole Foods tonight for some garlic parmesan flax crackers and organic blueberries.  But I've got to do it early because I need to get up early for work tomorrow.

Whole Foods would be a good choice since they are gun free, although I don't know if it is looting if you ask what wine would go best with your take.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 11:00:19 PM »
It all boils down to political correctness run amok.

I heard this might be the left rallying there base for the 2014 election, either way there is a lot of race baiting and people trying to divide us. (CNN, NBC, MSNBC, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Black Panthers, ABC, CBS)

Maybe the left is the racist ones since they see everything and everyone as black or white rather then we are all Americans.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 12:10:42 AM »
If the Kenyan gets the whole country fighting, while he plays golf, he declares M. law and we have a dictator. 

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 03:48:37 AM »
I read somewhere today that only 4 of the 120 protestors arrested were actually from Ferguson.  Let That little fact rattle around the ol tin hat a while.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 06:56:53 PM »
I read somewhere today that only 4 of the 120 protestors arrested were actually from Ferguson.  Let That little fact rattle around the ol tin hat a while.

There are a LOT of claims floating around with similar figures.  However, ABC reported this:
People arrested during protests in Ferguson, Missouri, have come from as far away as New York City and California, but the overwhelming majority of those detained for refusing to disperse are from Ferguson and the surrounding area, according to jail records.

Capt. Ron Johnson of the Missouri Highway Patrol, who is in charge of the law enforcement efforts in Ferguson, said this morning that those arrested mainly had come from out of town.

"As I've said, many are a criminal element that have been coming to Ferguson and are not from this area. Tonight some of those arrested came from as far away as New York and California," he said this morning.

Johnson initially said 31 people were arrested overnight, but jail records show that 78 were arrested overnight.
So, ABC is claiming that "jail records" show most are from Ferguson and near by, but don't show links to the actual data.

Breitbart cites Fox News correspondent Steve Harrigan, who reported that only three of the 78 protesters arrested last night during last night’s clash between the police and protesters in Ferguson were actually from the city on Tuesday’s “The O’Reilly Factor.”

The GatewayPundit claims that of the 120 arrested only 4 were from Ferguson.

KDSK Channel 5 in St. Louis reported that
Of 75 protesters arrested Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, none were from Ferguson, but 60 were from Missouri, including 12 from the adjacent city of St. Louis, according to jail records. The others were from such places as Des Moines, Austin, Chicago, Cincinnati, Brooklyn and the Bronx, N.Y., and Mount Vernon, Ill.

It's the "fog of war".  The best source should be the Ferguson jail, and other locations where protesters might have been taken, but no source I found provided verified jail records.  One posted some jail photos, but not enough to  verify the claims that "most" were from out of town.

The BIG question facing the folks at Ferguson now is "How many of their businesses which were looted and/or burned will rebuild, or move to safer locations?"  The 1967 Detroit riots resulted in several thousand burned out businesses and other buildings, triggering a massive flight of the middle class (of all races) out of Detroit.   Ditto for Watts.

City-data for Ferguson shows that a majority of the homes in the vicinity of its main street are in the $150K to $170 range.  Since the housing bubble burst,  homes in that range aren't usually owned or occupied by those on welfare.   I doubt the owners of those homes, probably most of whom marched, weren't planning on burning down businesses of their neighbors, with whom they shop.  So, I suspect that the majority of the "team B" (late night) rabble WERE from out of town, and exploiting the situation.  I also recall that the FBI sent a team from their Community Resource Service to Sanford, FL, to "orchestrate" (and pay for) "protests".  They did the same thing at Ferguson.  Out of town in deed.