General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Car Auction To Take Note Of

(1/4) > >>

Gary:
When I was a young snot, there was a SuperBird with the hood off and engine out, next to a service station, for a couple years.  I always remember that car, and take note anytime I see one again.

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/us-marshals-auctioning-off-rare-muscle-car-collection-163054978.html

Looking at the photo of the SuperBird and looking out my store window, I see the travels of my youth, were not without long term consequences.  I had on my to do list, to paint those cranes black, but I think Ill just let them be.   

Gary:
Pretty quiet car thread.  You guys all walk to work?

The auction brought in 2.5 million dollars, with the winning bid on the SuperBee at $575,000.00     

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/-blood-money--muscle-car-auction-rakes-in--2-5-million-for-fraud-victims-210341266.html

shooter:
 the 2 Yenko chevys would be a dream,

Gary:
The auction said most of the numbers matched on the Plymouth.   Yikes.  Not even all original, and over half a million. 

I purchased two SuperBee stickers for my orange cranes.  Close as I am going to get. 

Back in the day, I owned a 71 Z28 with a Hurst 4 speed Muncie transmission that was pretty quick.  I had a friend, that owned a 71 Roadrunner.  I rode in it a couple times.  It was pretty quick.  He rolled it and tore it up pretty bad. 

shooter:

--- Quote from: Gary on September 13, 2014, 10:56:41 PM ---Back in the day, I owned a 71 Z28 with a Hurst 4 speed Muncie transmission that was pretty quick.  I had a friend, that owned a 71 Roadrunner.  I rode in it a couple times.  It was pretty quick.  He rolled it and tore it up pretty bad
--- End quote ---

well damn, I had a new 71 Z28 to, had the hurst shifter, Muncie M-22 tranny, 4.56 gears, did the whole trick on the motor, angle plug heads, 11.5 pistons, radical cam, ran in the low 12,s at cornhusker drag strip, ( the strip now is the Watkins cement plant near sapp bros)
   had it in the auto show at the auditorium a few times, got some nice trophies
   then I had kids, 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version