General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Car Auction To Take Note Of

<< < (4/4)

shooter:
 I think the original price on that car was $3395,   but I put almost triple that in speed goodies,  I had it about5 years, but it did set while I was in the army, that old draft thing kind of snuck up on me,
 I had it on a dyno once, read out at 550 horse at the rear wheels.  I was running a 383 stroker motor in it, ive only drove 1 car faster than that was, and it was a Porsche,

Gary:
What are the odds, of two guys, not knowing one another, by chance, figuring out they once owned the same car, on a gun forum?

I would think the odds of that are about a billon to one.   

Hey, lets try this.  I once owned a child's chalk board.  About 6" x 8".  Wooden frame, and the slate was cracked.  My mom gave it to GoodWill.  Years later, I saw the chalkboard at a rummage sale, but I was a guy, not yet sentimental in nature.

By chance, does anyone now have that chalkboard?   hey, worth a shot. 

Gary:
Shooter, I have an exhaust question.   I tried running open pipes once, but the noise was ear splitting.  Far too loud for the street.

My V8 cycle, has open pipes, and shorter than they were on the Z28.   

How is it I can have open pipes on one Chevy 350 (a ZZ4 Crate engine) but on the Z28, it was too loud?   My mind tells me they had to be somewhat close, but the Z was much louder. 

Maybe I am getting deaf in my old age?  lol

I own the V8 because it blends the open feeling of my 68 Firebird, and the speed and agility of my 71 Z28.  My wife wants me to sell it.  NOTHING DOING!

http://youtu.be/rt5cNJyqWBo?list=UUr0TMbvXxVlab_2AdEkCRGg

Gary:
We did it before, we could do it again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Camaro-CAMARO-Z-28-71-camaro-real-z-28-with-original-drivetrain-needs-restored-protecto-/271609013005?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3f3d28a30d&item=271609013005&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

shooter:
 damn that is in sad shape, I do have a 500 pound sand blaster !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version