General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Car Auction To Take Note Of

<< < (2/4) > >>

Gary:
4.56 was usless on the highway.  But fun going from one stop light to another.   Mine was a slalom racer.  Not a practical street car.  I could not stack 4 tires and wheels on my back porch because they were too tall.    Had Cragar SS rims. 

Went to college in 78 and I thought I needed a Gold Wing for better gas mileage.  Would love to undo that trade.

Still have a quick Chevy.  Dont get it out much. 

shooter:
 wow, I hadn't thought about slalom racing in years, I did a lot of that, still have a pile of dash plaques,  understand the wide tires, had G50-15 on the front and N50-15 on the back, 11 inch  front and 13 wide in the rear. on crager SS wheels, Ill have to find a pic,  where did you race? I did in Omaha with the Omaha camero club, but went to races all over,
    yea the gears were a little deep, but they made a difference in slalom racing,

Gary:
Very interesting we had simular vehicles.  Mine was used, purchased from a car lot on levenworth? East of the medical center, 1976?  75?  I have no photos.   It was blue, white stripe, headers with external pipes below the doors.   My back tires were 50N and front were 50L.   Goodyear tires.

I never raced but I collected a few tickets on the street.  Sold it to a honda motorcycle dealer 32nd and second avenue in CB 1978.  Was going to college and needed cheap dependable transportation.   I purchased one of the first Gold Wings in the States.   I still have a GL.   Great bikes.

On day two, of the Z28, twisted in pieces, solid steel crankshaft.  Sold a 68 convertible Firebird to finance the repairs.   

I miss my Firebird more than the Z28.   Drove that convertible winter summer top down.  Drove the bike winters as well.  Funny the childish things young boys do that seem so unquestionable at the time. 

shooter:
 THAT WAS MY CAR!   did it have the rear fender wells stretched out to cover the tires

It didn't have the good motor in it, I pulled it when I sold it

that lot was my brother in laws, well EX,

Had a sun super tac inletted into the dash

did it look like this? but white stripes?
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Baldwin+Motion+1971+Camaro&qs=n&form=QBIR&pq=baldwin+motion+1971+camaro&sc=1-26&sp=-1&sk=#view=detail&id=7E7CE888E586BCB1BDEC39784517A71C5789AA93&selectedIndex=3

Gary:
Cut it out!  We had the same car!  wOw!

The picture is close.  Blue, black pipes, not chrome. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version