General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Question on employment

<< < (3/3)

Mntnman:
I guess she is going to nights for now.  :o sounds like corporate is there axing managers.

bullit:
As an employer, I've had similar experiences as birdgogne with Unemployment hearings.  I've had two employees submit resignation letters over my years in business.  I contested both and ultimately went to what amounts to a "Kangaroo Court".  Both decided against my business, EVEN THOUGH THEY BOTH MENTIONED NOTHING NEGATIVE IN THEIR RESIGNATION LETTERS.....just simply needing change.  In short, the hearings are a joke.   I was forewarned by one of the state's attorneys prior to the hearing "off the record" as a friend and not a threat....that I was going to lose.  In short, one your wife WILL get unemployment benefits regardless of being laid off, fired for never showing up, resigning, burning down the capital building, etc.  (you get my drift).  You can have all of the documentation in the world and it won't matter from the employer's perspective.  My take home lesson will be to never waste my time disputing.  Yet another reason Nebraska suffers in attracting companies here.

Mudinyeri:
I've had one hearing as an employer and my experience was the opposite.  Employee quit voluntarily (after one day) because he didn't like the fact that he needed to complete his projects as scheduled.  Judge asked if we still had work available for him.  I answered, "Yes."  Judge said, "Too bad, so sad," to the former employee.

GrannyOakley:
We've had it go both ways! I always have plenty of documentation,  resignation letters, proof of poor performance,  etc... I've had to pay the unemployment on more employees than not.  The system is unbelievably broken. 

GreyGeek:
I've been retired for six years, but back before then the State of Nebraska did not seek "recommendations" or "job evaluations" from an applicant's previous employers, nor would they reply to requests for one from employers at which a former state employee was applying for a job.  Too much legal/lawsuit liability.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version