< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Expedite concealed carry reciprocity with Colorado  (Read 1761 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Expedite concealed carry reciprocity with Colorado
« on: September 30, 2009, 09:47:21 PM »
On a recent trip to the Rockies, I took the time to check out the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners group http://www.rmgo.org/ in an attempt to get the Colorado Bureau of Investigation to officially recognize the Nebraska  Concealed Handgun permits.

In an email conversation with the executive director Dudley Brown, I asked for and received information that the CBI is waiting for "Official" recognition of Colorado's permit. This means a letter from Attorney Gen Bruning on the official letterhead for their files.

The CBI says a request for this confirmation has been languishing in the Nebraska Attorney General's office for several weeks.

I am asking for some help in getting action on this issue from the Attorney General.

http://www.ago.ne.gov/contact/  you know what to do
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Expedite concealed carry reciprocity with Colorado
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 10:38:32 PM »
Dan,

Could not find an email address, just phone number and mailing address. Does anyone have an email address for Jon Bruning? Make sure we let him know how pleased we are with what he has done for us.

Litlrat
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 11:22:05 PM »
Scott I used the contact page to send my notes

http://www.ago.ne.gov/consumer/emailforms/generalcomments.htm
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 07:15:47 PM »
Hmmmm...I am not getting any requested feedback from Mr. Bruning...

I have a message from the AG in my home phone, now  just need to find the time to call
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 02:44:42 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 09:24:03 PM »
I got a phone call from a gal directing me to the website, and it wasn't a recording. Call them Dan.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 02:46:39 PM »
I called back to the Attorney Gen. offices today, as they had left me a message.

The explanation I received was that the Attorney General's office does not have the authority to make a reciprocal agreement with any state.

They referred me to Steve Shaw at the Nebraska State patrol. Since Steve was out today, I spoke with their attorney, Wendy R., and was told that reciprocal agreements must go through the Governor, as only he has the power to make them binding.

I replied that this issue really has no need for an "agreement" Since Colorado law states that they will automatically accept a permit from any state that accepts Colorado's permit. My information was that the CBI just wanted an official letter stating that Nebraska does accept the Colorado permit.

At that point, Wendy agreed to have Steve Shaw contact me next week about the possibility that the Nebraska State Patrol could give the Colorado Bureau of Investigation the letter it needs for their files.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 02:47:32 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline maanbr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 08:37:54 PM »
Isn't the letter on the AG's website official?

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 09:33:43 PM »
Apparently the state of Colorado doesn't believe everything they read on the intarwebz
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 12:57:15 PM »
Would the AG's office simply mailing an official copy of the letter they already have work?

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 06:43:30 PM »
That is what I asked them to do, and they seemed to think that they could not do that for some obscure reason, implying that it constitutes a reciprocity agreement that the AG did not have the power to make. That is when they sent me to the NSP attorney
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 06:46:38 PM »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 06:48:16 PM »
Thanks for the efforts, guys!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline FredG

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 03:18:09 PM »