< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Watch As Two Stumblebums Try To Shoot ProAm  (Read 993 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Watch As Two Stumblebums Try To Shoot ProAm
« on: August 25, 2014, 02:58:58 PM »

Pretty pathetic.  Slow, poor accuracy.  Miserable footwork.  Just pathetic.

Vogel??? Grauffel???  Anybody ever heard of these guys? 

:D

And what guy wears capri pants? 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: Watch As Two Stumblebums Try To Shoot ProAm
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 03:10:51 PM »
And what guy wears capri pants? 

French guys.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 03:14:29 PM »
I had never heard of them but then again I don't shoot contests like that but that was pretty dang impressive

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 03:27:08 PM »
I had never heard of them but then again I don't shoot contests like that but that was pretty dang impressive

Eric Grauffel is arguably the best action pistol shooter in the world, and has been for quite some time.   He has won almost every single major IPSC/USPSA match that he has shot in the last 10 years.  (Both in Open, and lately, in Production.  And truthfully, longer than that, but I don't remember exactly when he started never losing.) 

Vogel is a machine.  (And a really nice guy, too.)

I wish that Vogel would shoot Production at Nats this year, along with Ben and Eric, just so we could watch them go head-to-head at USPSA shooting.

Looking at this video, it is difficult to realize how truly astonishing those runs are---and how high their scores are compared to most people.

For example, Dave Sevigny only scored 249 at that match.  (They both scored 271.) 

http://proamshooting.com/PRO_Limited_Scores2014.pdf

Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 04:09:56 PM »
Vogel's back in KS (DeSoto) next year, teaching another class boys n' girls.  I learned quite a bit from him in the class this past April. 

He would demo the drill and we would run it.  We had some pretty good shooters in the class.  They couldn't touch him.  Some came close, but he clearly was in a league of his own.   These guys make it look easy which can add to the frustration of so-so shooters like myself.  But he works damn hard to keep sharp.  He deserves the results. 

Simply an amazing talent. 

He didn't know how to take me at times but I have that effect on most folks.  :)  I think I did make his head spin when I flopped down on my feet for a low barrier shot with my double jointed knees.  He had to try it.  Don't know if he's incorporated such a sophisticated move into his repertoire yet or not.  :)

"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 04:14:37 PM »
Golly....think how much faster each would be wearing a Limited Edition IDPA orange shooters vest....

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 09:27:01 PM »
Hey!  I could do that! (In about 20 minutes and 10 or 15 mag changes.)

The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper