< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Should Your Small Business Welcome Legally Carried Guns?  (Read 772 times)

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
Should Your Small Business Welcome Legally Carried Guns?
« on: August 20, 2014, 07:38:17 PM »
There are some social issues in our country that are just downright contentious and even after years of public debate, sides seem as polarized as ever. Most don't impact the small business owner, but gun law is an issue that some owners need to consider.

http://smallbusiness.foxbusiness.com/entrepreneurs/2014/08/20/should-your-small-business-welcome-legally-carried-guns/

Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Should Your Small Business Welcome Legally Carried Guns?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 10:48:45 PM »
Interesting..... thanks for sharing.

I try my hardest not to patronize any business that does not allow FireArms inside.

Other than my bank of course because of that idiotic clause in the Nebraska CHP statute.... I hope that in the near future we can get that reWrote & then I can choose a bank that respects the 2nd amendment.... I really like the credit union that I recently switched to, they are posted but I don't really hold it against them too much because I can't defend myself in any bank anyways.
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 10:28:15 AM »
I light of the recent ruling related to the Colorado theater shooting this is very interesting indeed:

Businesses must take measures to help assure customer safety. That's why we put out orange safety cones when the floor is wet. After a shooting outside of a Jackson, Mississippi convenience store that prohibits guns, David Butts, an attorney from Tupelo, said this:

"...what about the situation where a customer, legally armed, either openly or with a concealed carry permit, disarms themselves to do business in the 'no firearms' business and is injured or killed by some gun-wielding thug intent on committing a crime? What does the owner’s duty of 'reasonable care' to protect the customer mean in those circumstances?"

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 01:37:42 PM »

Other than my bank of course because of that idiotic clause in the Nebraska CHP statute.... I hope that in the near future we can get that reWrote & then I can choose a bank that respects the 2nd amendment.... I really like the credit union that I recently switched to, they are posted but I don't really hold it against them too much because I can't defend myself in any bank anyways.

Drive-Thru.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 04:39:35 PM »

Drive-Thru.

I usually do!  I try to avoid banks like the plague.... even though they always have attractive women employed there!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 09:18:27 PM »
1.) If it is concealed, we don't know they are armed.  Legally or otherwise.  No harm, no foul.
2.) Nebraska is open carry.  So if they aren't waving it around and threatening, then it is legal and no harm, no foul.

We (where I work) are not signed either way.  But most know we don't really care one way or the other and  just expect folks to behave.  :)  Of course, most of the employees are used to it anyway. Also they have no idea if we might be carrying or not either. 

I realize the question covers more than Nebraska, but since that is where we are...
The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 07:27:24 AM »
My business doesn't have signs either but we have at least two NFOA members working here and I sell Tactical Walls ....  Not that we get a lot of customer traffic but that may change in the not-too-distant future.