< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Team NFOA Needs Three (3) More Trapshooters: Sunday, 28Sep14  (Read 5741 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Team NFOA Needs Three (3) More Trapshooters: Sunday, 28Sep14
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2014, 11:08:11 AM »
If there is no other takers, I just spoke with Pink, she will make the trip from Crete to shoot for the NFOA.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 11:14:31 AM »
I will add that it would be great to get a group of NFOA members together that enjoy these shoots.  There are numerous ones as fundraisers around the state, heard tell tha Lee Terry for congress is working on one, I believe the Hastings College team hosts one as a fundraiser for their team (and with many more colleges getting involved expect many more will) and many other organizations etc.  It would be good for the NFOA to be represented at these events and a good recruiting tool for the organization.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 01:57:03 PM »
I spoke to Scott today when downtown on business.
learned a good deal, best of all being they separated the high schoolers into their own class this year, so as we ol whippersnappers ain't getting our rear ends handed to us so bad.

That be great, Andy.  And if it ends up DanW can shoot, I will kindly step aside.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 02:19:26 PM »
We Now Have an NFOA Team:

TEAM NFOA
SUPERCLAYBUSTERS

>LeeM
>Critter
>NE Bull
>Pink
>sfg

The above team roster has now been sent to Chris @ the Nebraska Sportsmen's Foundation in time to meet the early registration date and qualify for the $30 entry fee.

At some point perhaps Critter and NE Bull can call Chris at 402 805-4308 and provide to her (Chris is a her) their actual names of record to go on the squad list.

If I hear any more from Chris, I'll get the word out to all concerned.

We have a GO!

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2014, 06:10:27 PM »
Met Chris earlier today, but forgot to give her my given name.  gave her some gruff about something, though.

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline LeeM

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 08:50:54 AM »
I spoke to Scott today when downtown on business.
learned a good deal, best of all being they separated the high schoolers into their own class this year, so as we ol whippersnappers ain't getting our rear ends handed to us so bad.

That be great, Andy.  And if it ends up DanW can shoot, I will kindly step aside.

I just started this game last year.
Went to the meat shoot just before Thanksgiving at PGC , had no idea of how or what the procedure was.
Got squaded with all high school shooters. These kids started at the 27 and 2 of them went to a shoot off that went 4 rounds.
Love seeing these kisds shoot, hopefully I'll have a grand kid or two in a couple years ready to pursue this sport.
No, I didn't win a Turkey.

Lee
01 Firearms Dealer
Buy-Sell-Trade-Transfers
Q MAX Products Dealer

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2014, 04:00:24 PM »
Team NFOA is Now Full-Up:

TEAM NFOA
SUPERCLAYBUSTERS
>LeeM
>Critter
>NE Bull
>Pink
>sfg

Today was practice day for part of the Team:  LeeM, Critter, & sfg.

LeeM is so close to his first 25-straight that he can shave with it.   Shot his new Browning Crossover today.   Now that shotgun is sweet.  Nice and light.  Points naturally.  Seems to be a 1-size-fits-all shotgun.

Critter is a newby and looks like he's gonna be a Natural trapshooter.  And skeet shooter, since his new shotgun works both ways.

sfg ran 25-straight today at practice; now to do it in competition.

That's all for now.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline LeeM

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2014, 06:40:08 PM »
Yes sir, good time today, missed your lead by one.
You might mention we'll do it again on Friday if the rest of the team wants to join, I realize week days are a no go for some, mornings anyway.
I took the Crossover to Stephen this evening for the recoil pad, probably list the other one tomorrow, I agree, good shooting guns, recoil pad sucks.

Lee
01 Firearms Dealer
Buy-Sell-Trade-Transfers
Q MAX Products Dealer

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2014, 07:26:38 PM »
The boy child and I plan on getting some lead out next week. (have Scout Top Shot this weekend to prep for)

Offline Critter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2014, 12:41:06 PM »
The entry fees have been paid, so we are set to go.   :D

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2014, 12:55:15 PM »
The entry fees have been paid, so we are set to go. 

I'm probably telling tales out of school here.   Because......Critter didn't say exactly Who paid the full Team NFOA entrance fees.

But let's say Good and Loud that Team NFOA is very appreciative of Critter's support for the Team, so you can all figger that one out.

Thanks a Great Big Bunch, Critter!  [Missed you at team practice this a.m., but the way your shooting is ramping up, no harm done.   Hope you are feeling better soon.]

sfg + Four Other Team NFOA Squad Members

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2014, 01:06:27 PM »
YES Thanx Critter. 

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2014, 02:22:45 PM »
TEAM NFOA SQUAD MEMBERS:

>LeeM
>Critter
>NE Bull
>Pink
>sfg

========================================================================
INSTRUCTIONS FROM NSF TTT FOR TRAPSHOOT

The following information was received from Chris just now:

Thank you for registering for the Nebraska Sportsmen’s Foundation Team Trapshooting Tournament. We will do our very best to make this event run smoothly, and it will be helpful if your team will comply with the following instructions:

·         Please arrive in plenty of time to check in at registration. Registration will be open 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. Leave your  guns in your vehicle till you are about to shoot.

·         ALL TEAM MEMBERS must attend a MANDATORY safety meeting at 12:45 pm before the first shot.

·         Ear and eye protection are MANDATORY. Please bring your own safety equipment.  Eye and ear protection can be purchased  should you fail to bring your own.

·         Bring your own ammunition as there are limited quantities and gauges for sale on site.

·         Adult beverages will be available for purchase AFTER all shooting is complete.

No weapons allowed inside club house!

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Chris Thody
Nebraska Sportsmen’s Foundation
1327 H Street, Suite 103

Lincoln, NE 68508

402-805-4308

=================================================================

FYI,

sfg

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2014, 04:02:52 PM »

* Bring some extra cash, as there will be raffles and auctions for good stuff.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2014, 04:43:30 PM »
Bull........

Can you pass this registration info on to PINK?

(And ask her to take it EZ on the Guy Shooters.   Beat us, OK.   Expected.   But please, no humiliation.)

sfg

Offline LeeM

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2014, 04:45:47 PM »
I'll add my big THANK YOU, to Critter, very appreciative we are.
We'll have another practice next week, probably Thursday or Friday.
Critter, be prepared, sfg likes to shoot doubles.

Lee
01 Firearms Dealer
Buy-Sell-Trade-Transfers
Q MAX Products Dealer

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2014, 08:34:00 PM »
sfg likes to shoot doubles.

sfg likes to shoot AT doubles.

sfg

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »
I will try to get it to Andy.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2014, 05:30:13 PM »
Just saw the conversation, they are running a little later this year.  I will get with Pink on the schedule.

And SFG you are shooting as well as she does, and she has not shot since before school started.  No place to keep the gun and supplies on campus after Ashford and Avery screwed with the laws.  I will see if I can not get her a practice round or two this weekend.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2014, 08:12:08 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOO-kay.......................

But no pressure on PINK or anyone else.

Remember the Basics of Trapshooting:
It's mostly about the fun of making a Loud Noise, and if you hit the Bird, then that's OK, too.

sfg