< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Team NFOA Needs Three (3) More Trapshooters: Sunday, 28Sep14  (Read 5742 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Team NFOA Needs Three (3) More Trapshooters: Sunday, 28Sep14
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2014, 11:36:12 PM »
Andy , if Pink is interested, I'll be headed to Pawnee Lake shotgun range a couple times this week.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 04:36:03 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2014, 11:00:21 AM »
Just heard from Pink and she has a problem.  Her choir is doing a concert in Lincoln Sunday night (school scheduled after she signed up) and the choir director has given her a 2:00 pm call time.  So if she shot right at 1 in her dress and ran from the range to the church she might make it, possibly.  So she is not going to be able to make it.

There are a couple of options, I could shoot in her place but not near as well (I'm a bird hunter and shoot a couple clays for practice not well).  Or if there is someone else available that wants to shoot the spot would be open.

Note, further damaging my shooting ability my shotgun is in the shop getting an adjustment made and new recoil pad installed.  So I would be shooting one of Briann's that I have shot before but am not that accustomed too.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2014, 12:53:34 PM »
Andy:

Let's leave it up to PINK and/or you so that whoever She/You might pick should simply show up Sunday and say, "I'm taking PINK's place."

That way, various substitutions can be made up to the very last minute without having to work it out back and forth here on the Forum.

Whaddya Think?

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2014, 08:04:20 PM »
I can shoot for Pink if that is OK with her and the rest of the team
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2014, 08:25:56 PM »
That would be fine by me, DanW. 
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2014, 10:29:58 PM »
Fine by me and surely by the rest of the team.

They are welcome to chime in here if they happen to read this post.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2014, 02:25:04 PM »
Dan that would be great if you could.  I think we have a team that can shoot well and Pink has been as well but with her out my shooting would not help the team.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2014, 07:32:45 PM »
OK then, I will be there.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2014, 09:32:37 PM »
Latest Team Makeup:

TEAM NFOA
SUPERCLAYBUSTERS

>LeeM
>Critter
>NE Bull
>DanW
>sfg

sfg

Offline LeeM

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2014, 01:49:30 PM »
Houston, we have a go.

Lee
01 Firearms Dealer
Buy-Sell-Trade-Transfers
Q MAX Products Dealer

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2014, 07:04:31 PM »
The Final Five Intrepid Team NFOA members listed above showed up today, all ahead of time and in good form.   We shot the full course of fire:  a 16-yard round and then a Handicap round from the 22-yard line.

I didn't stay for the entire event to learn how we did in the overall standings, but that's not why we were there.   Whatever the results, we did not embarrass ourselves nor NFOA.

Fun was had by all.   Even the Ladies, who watched us shoot.

And....Thanks again to Critter, who was the Team NFOA sponsor.

sfg

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2014, 07:30:28 PM »
Also That You to the Team, and to Critter, for the donation of your winnings to the PAF.  This gets us over half way to our goal of influencing a second Legislative District in the Noavember election.

Offline Critter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2014, 07:43:23 PM »
Sadly enough, I embarrassed myself plenty.  :(  Might be time to take up fishing.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2014, 08:19:48 PM »
Sadly enough, I embarrassed myself plenty.

What we have here, gentlemen, is a classic example of New Trapshooter's Way-Too-Early Self Analysis.

You won't think the same way after you've called "Pull" on about 5000 claybirds.

It just takes a while to get it all together and the only way to get it together is to shoot at a lot of birds, some of which you'll eventually start hitting.

Everyone I know--certainly, self included--blew a lot of holes in the sky before finally settling into the trapshooting game.   (And after trap, there's...............skeet!   And doubles.)

Let's go shoot some more!!   It's the Friendly Addiction.

sfg

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2014, 05:38:59 PM »
SFG is right, one time out trap shooting is no reason to give up, it is good for the soul.  I enjoy an occasional round, I also try skeet, and generally don't shoot what anyone would call great (65-85% depending upon the day).  But a day spent outdoors, with some friends or family and a chance to put holes in the sky nothing better. 

If nothing else it is great practice for bird hunting, you learn to mount the shotgun the same way every time, you learn how your tool works and where it hits (not certain try a patern board).  Take your time and shot one, remember what it felt like then do it again if the gun does not feel the same as it did when you hit something is most likely off and you won't hit this time.

Offline LeeM

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2014, 07:16:06 PM »
Yep, Gotta walk before you run.

I gotta start runnin one of these days.

Lee
01 Firearms Dealer
Buy-Sell-Trade-Transfers
Q MAX Products Dealer

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2014, 10:33:12 PM »
Tomorrow around 9am would do.
sfg