< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln Izaak Walton League BoD meeting Tuesday September 9, 2014  (Read 1163 times)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Lincoln Izaak Walton League BoD meeting Tuesday September 9, 2014
« on: September 07, 2014, 03:13:55 PM »
Sean Gewecke is planning on making a proposal to the Ike's board regarding holding more matches as an encouragement for them to build new pistol bays.  The meeting is this coming Tuesday September 9th @ 7:15PM in the Ike's clubhouse. 

We are asking that anyone who is any Ike's members who are interested in the club building more pistol bays and/or holding more competitions to show up for the meeting in support of this idea.  If you can't make the meeting, PLEASE send an email to the board members and express your support.  Here is the list of Board members and their respective email addresses.  Since these are published in the Ike's newsletter, I don't think it is improper to post them here.

Ray Rowen (president)        motomanv11@neb.rr.com

Brian Koenig (vice president)   Already supports the proposal

Dave Tunink (secretary)       dave.tunink@nebraska.gov

Wes Sheets (treasurer)      wsheets@radiks.net

Dick Mavis      dick@innovativewindow.com

Mike Moore      webrat@windstream.net

Brad Philson      brad.philson@ubt.com

Tracy Ross      tdross@neb.rr.com

Mike Shapoval      mike10shapoval@windstream.net

Ron Teselle      ronteselle@gmail.com

Todd Walter       twalter6@aol.com

If you are not on the mailing list, here is the email that Sean sent out...

I will be making a presentation to the Izaak Walton board on Tuesday evening (tomorrow - Sorry for the short notice) about adding additional matches to their schedule. 

The addition of some pistol bays has been discussed off and on at Ikes for a number of years.  In an effort to encourage that process along, I am offering to host 2 additional matches if they build these bays.  The two matches would be a steel challenge match and an action shotgun match.

I would love to have anyone that is available and interested in these matches attend the board meeting to show your support.  You DO NOT need to be an Ikes member to attend the meeting.

This is the first presentation to the board and lots would need to happen before these would start, but I want to let the board members know that there is willingness to run these matches and to participate in these matches.

The board meeting is scheduled for 7pm.  This will not be the only thing on the boards agenda, so please be respectful of the meeting.

Thanks for your support and feel free to share this with others if you know of people that would be interested.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sean Gewecke
RYG Match Director

Thanks,
Fly
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:23:40 PM by OnTheFly »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Lincoln Izaak Walton League BoD meeting Tuesday September 9, 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 05:41:34 PM »
Sean Gewecke is planning on making a proposal to the Ike's board regarding holding more matches as an encouragement for them to build new pistol bays.  The meeting is this coming Tuesday September 9th @ 7:15PM in the Ike's clubhouse. 

At this time, Sean has not received a reply confirming that he can make his presentation.  If it cancels, I will post in this thread with that information.

We are asking that any Ike's members who are interested in the club building more pistol bays and/or holding more competitions to show up for the meeting in support of this idea.  If you can't make the meeting, PLEASE send an email to the board members and express your support.  I can not find a general email to the club, but the President is Doug Woodbeck, and his email is dlw4052@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Fly

Just FYI, Ray Rowen is now the new President as Doug is moving out of town and had to resign his position on the board.  Sean should be a go to give his presentation.  I encourage anyone in the Lincoln area who is interested in action shooting to attend and show their support.  Unfortunately I will be out of town for work and unable to attend.  I do wholeheartedly support this project, though, and I've already contacted the other board members to express that.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 10:26:41 PM »
Just FYI, Ray Rowen is now the new President as Doug is moving out of town and had to resign his position on the board.  Sean should be a go to give his presentation.  I encourage anyone in the Lincoln area who is interested in action shooting to attend and show their support.  Unfortunately I will be out of town for work and unable to attend.  I do wholeheartedly support this project, though, and I've already contacted the other board members to express that.

Thanks Brian.

Fly

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 10:29:27 PM »
 Contact Ray Rowen at   motomanv11@neb.rr.com
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 10:56:10 PM »
Contact Ray Rowen at   motomanv11@neb.rr.com

Thanks Dan.

Fly

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 07:16:35 PM »
My wife has conferences tomorrow night so I'm playing single dad.  Email sent.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 10:05:15 PM »
My wife has conferences tomorrow night so I'm playing single dad.  Email sent.

Thanks HuskerXDm!

Fly

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 05:32:38 PM »
You bet.  I'd really like to see some pistol bays at Ikes.  There's only so much you can do on a static line.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 10:23:01 PM »
A small group of us went to the meeting tonight.  I was pleased when Ray Rowen stated that he "got a lot of emails about this".  Thanks to everyone who sent an email.  If you have not had a chance, please send the board an email expressing your support.  We knew the decision was not going to be made tonight, so you still have plenty of time to make an impression.  There are several hurdles to overcome including, though not limited to, cost/revenue analysis, engineering the pistol bay construction & location, noise concerns, and a board of directors whose shooting passions range from high power rifle to trap, but only a few who find any value in action shooting disciplines. 

They made a motion that a cost/analysis be done before they proceed.  This is a very understandable and necessary first step for the board to make an informed decision.  However, in the world of business and government, this is also one possible play in the playbook to kill a plan.  Honestly I'm not sure what the motivation of the motion was, but they did admit that this was not their normal practice, though maybe it should be. 

Good thing for us is that Sean is a Controller at a non-profit, so he will have no problem putting together a detailed analysis.  Hopefully those will impress them enough that we will get the majority vote to proceed.

Fly