< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Duty to retreat in your home  (Read 3847 times)

Offline SunsetSig

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Duty to retreat in your home
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 08:50:54 AM »
My daughter lives 2 short blocks from the place,    glad I gave her a Ruger security 6, 357. with 125 grn XTP and 17 grains of 2400.

I'm happy you gave her a means of self defense too.  Even more so that she was willing to accept it.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 10:15:45 AM »
I'm happy you gave her a means of self defense too.  Even more so that she was willing to accept it.

well I actually didn't give it to her, she opened the vault, and picked the one she wanted!! shes been shooting for 30 years, I pretty sure she can handle anything  that happens
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 12:46:14 PM »
At 11:30 today it was ruled justifiable by the Douglas County Attorneys Office.   I am glad to see this swing in favor of the homeowner so quickly.   Great news for gun rights people in Omaha and for everyone in Nebraska. 

Evidence points to the bad guy running towards the homeowner.  This is a case where the homeowner was forced to protect himself and his family.    Good conclusion to a bad story that could have been a double homicide had the gun owner not responded quickly and correctly as he did.   

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2014, 01:48:01 PM »
I was surprised to see the news let the neighbor give a second hand account of what the 4(?) year old daughter described of the incident. 

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 06:15:30 PM »
This swift determination in sharp contrast to the Lincoln homeowner who shot the guy wanting to steal a car.

That was some time ago, and I have heard nothing about charges in that case, one way or the other.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 09:44:30 PM »
This swift determination in sharp contrast to the Lincoln homeowner who shot the guy wanting to steal a car.

That was some time ago, and I have heard nothing about charges in that case, one way or the other.

I was thinking the same thing.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 09:58:33 PM »
I guess no one bothered to comprehend the original story very well!

http://www.1011now.com/home/headlines/Man-Shot-During-Robbery-267824451.html?device=phone

That home owner was charged by the bad guy in that one.

At that point it didn't matter if the bad guy just got done singing in the choir or trying to steal a dozen vehicles. The bad guy approached the home owner in a manner that caused him to fear for his life.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline Gumby

• Powder Benefactor
  • Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselves!
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 10:57:20 PM »
Intruder dead.  Child protected.  Daddy publicly vindicated.

Thank You, God, for guns.  Amen.

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 12:40:03 AM »
I was surprised to see the news let the neighbor give a second hand account of what the 4(?) year old daughter described of the incident. 

66bigblock

Absolutely.... although it was information that I wanted, I was shocked to see the neighbor recount a statement from the 4 year old....thank god it was in the direction of a self defense shooting & not the other way around!

This shooting happened 6 houses from my friends house. I don't go there often but I was just there last Saturday for a fantasy football draft. It is in North Omaha but is a very nice neighborhood. Most houses range from $100k-$160k & he has never had any trouble there over the last 5 years.

I have been fairly happy with the local media coverage of these last 3 self defense home shootings!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 08:55:10 AM »
I guess no one bothered to comprehend the original story very well!

http://www.1011now.com/home/headlines/Man-Shot-During-Robbery-267824451.html?device=phone

That home owner was charged by the bad guy in that one.

At that point it didn't matter if the bad guy just got done singing in the choir or trying to steal a dozen vehicles. The bad guy approached the home owner in a manner that caused him to fear for his life.

Yeah but the question in my mind was from all the local talk on KLIN etc. about the the authorities saying that they "hadn't decided yet" whether the home owner would face charges.  That's an uncomfortable position for him.  Have they left the guy in limbo or have they quietly told him that he's not going to be charged, but haven't informed the media about it?
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK