< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Panera Bread bans guns  (Read 7824 times)

Offline Gumby

• Powder Benefactor
  • Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselves!
Re: Panera Bread bans guns
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2014, 10:24:13 PM »
Given Panera's "proactive" statement to customers to leave their guns at home... will criminals now be less likely or more likely to choose Panera locations as robbery targets?

If responsible concealed carry is fundamentally about conflict avoidance, I've got better places to be.  8)

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2014, 10:33:49 PM »
Given Panera's "proactive" statement to customers to leave their guns at home... will criminals now be less likely or more likely to choose Panera locations as robbery targets?

If responsible concealed carry is fundamentally about conflict avoidance, I've got better places to be.  8)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:37:00 PM by farmerbob »
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2014, 04:55:03 PM »
Read this, http://butlerpappas.com/1411.
Many court decisions have upheld that a business has "No Duty to Protect" it's patrons. I also would like to remind you that LE has no duty to protect you from crime either.

It is well documented that the SCOTUS ruled at least twice that the police have no  obligation to protect any particular citizen even  if they know that citizen is in imminent danger.  That's why a CHP is so important, and becoming more so as this country continues to deteriorate.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2014, 08:14:59 PM »
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2014, 11:43:07 PM »
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2014, 05:20:50 AM »
I just emailed them and told them to cancel my account and remove my email address from their list because I won't be visiting them any more.  My wife and I loved Panera Bread and visited several times each month, but they aren't the only game in town.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2014, 08:59:38 AM »
Two thumbs way up GreyGeek!!! :D

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2014, 04:29:03 PM »
Here's their reply:
Panera Customer Care Notification on Inquiry #: 02578608
To: "'greygeek77@gmail.com'" <greygeek77@gmail.com>

I’m very sorry to hear you disagree with our policy. Within our company, we strive to create Panera Warmth, which means, among other things, creating bakery-cafe environments where customers and associates feel comfortable. Panera Bread respects the rights of gun owners, but we do believe asking that customers not bring their firearms inside our bakery-cafes is consistent with the bakery-cafe environment we are attempting to create.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your comments.

Sincerely,
Panera Bread

So, their "bakery-cafe environment" includes the risk of injury or death as the result of possible armed robberies, of which they are not immune.  That response is, in effect, the middle finger.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2014, 05:33:11 PM »
Actions like this is how the silent majority becomes a force to be reckoned with.