< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: And THIS is how stuff gets done- Missouri Pro Gun Bill veto overridden  (Read 773 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
http://madworldnews.com/democrat-veto-gun-rights-bill/

Read it all here.

Highlights:
""The bill was loaded with pro-Second Amendment goodies, such a lowering the age of concealed-carry to 19 from 21, preventing municipalities from banning people from open-carry, and allowing school districts to arm their teachers. Additionally, unless someone is under arrest, the police aren’t allowed to disarm them.

The Missouri House voted overwhelmingly in favor of the override, 117-39, with little debate on the issue early Thursday morning. On Wednesday, the Senate voted 23-8 in favor of overriding the veto, which was the minimum votes required to do so.""
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
Re: And THIS is how stuff gets done- Missouri Pro Gun Bill veto overridden
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 07:04:17 PM »
Nebraska's problem is they can't get anything to the Governor's desk to sign, that needs to change.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 07:28:06 PM »
Nebraska's problem is they can't get anything to the Governor's desk to sign, that needs to change.

it starts with the voters putting in the right people in office, followed by our elected officials standing up for something.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 08:35:29 PM »
^ THIS ^
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 08:47:41 PM »
Didn't Missouri State Patrol compromise all the ccw holders in the state?  Can't remember if they gave the names to the media or something like that.  Do believe it was last year. 

And we do need to get some new people elected to office.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 12:14:07 PM »
I have little doubt that the vote was a direct result of the lawlessness in Ferguson.

And yes, the MSP illegially sent purchase forms to the ATF.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 04:35:54 PM »
I believe there was some legislation related to that, also.....

Offline grumpy old man

• NFOA Full Member
    • Stand Up For It !
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 07:49:26 PM »
it all starts with voters putting in conservative 2nd Amendment supporters into the legislature.  Omaha and Lincoln have a tendency to vote in people who are not real supportive of gun rights. 

I spoke to someone today (I am not going to divulge a name as NFOA has not given me the ok to do so) who is running for legislature and says he/she is supportive of "responsible gun ownership"  This person comes across as a a gun rights supporter certain people who have followed this person believe he/she will not support the true meaning of the 2nd Amendment.

The only thing I can say is to get involved in asking very direct questions to those who are running and when they do or dont hold up to their promises call them on it and make it public.
"One man with courage is a majority." Thomas Jefferson

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” Thomas Jefferson