< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Trap Shoot Tomorrow- ENGC  (Read 926 times)

Offline LeeM

• NFOA Full Member
Trap Shoot Tomorrow- ENGC
« on: September 24, 2014, 03:39:46 PM »
ENGC will be shooting trap Thursday Sept 25, sign up at 0800, shooting starts around 0900.
We shoot two rounds from the sixteen and a third from handicap yardage, determined by the shooters, or a round of wobble.
1 round-$5.00
2 rounds-$7.00
3 rounds-$10.00
Juniors shoot free.
 Very informal, open to the public, newbies always welcome.Hope to see some of you there.

Lee
01 Firearms Dealer
Buy-Sell-Trade-Transfers
Q MAX Products Dealer

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
Re: Trap Shoot Tomorrow- ENGC
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 03:57:21 PM »
I havent shot any sort of organized clay shoot so pardon my newness. Can you give me a rough idea of what I will need so I dont make a fool of myself? I have a semi I NEED practice with. I assume I need a shell catch of some kind. Does a thick rubber band normally suffice? Will I be ridiculed for showing up with a 3 gun shotgun?

Offline LeeM

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 06:19:58 PM »
I've seen a little bit everything there, just come early ask questions, have fun.
A rubber band works, I carry some in case anyone would like to use one. Some autos don't bother people, depends on how they eject.
Eyes, ears, shell pouch, if you have one, if not I do, as do others, that you can borrow.
One of our members shoots a 20 Ga, hammer gun, probably 22 inch barrel at the most, you'll be fine.

Lee
01 Firearms Dealer
Buy-Sell-Trade-Transfers
Q MAX Products Dealer

Offline LeeM

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 01:47:32 PM »
It's the Indian, not the arrow.
Who said you can't shoot tactical on the trap range.
Good shooting John, especially from the 22.

Glad to meet you, hope to see you again.

Lee
01 Firearms Dealer
Buy-Sell-Trade-Transfers
Q MAX Products Dealer

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 03:16:31 PM »
I dont make a fool of myself?

You won't.
  It's not that kind of thing. 

Not intense competition.  Just Banging Birds.   And some cussin' to self at times.

First time I shot trap--coupla years ago or so--I shot maybe 7 out of 25.   Nobody even cared.  Except me.

The only social danger here is that you will get addicted to Banging and Bustin' Birds.   It's a worthwhile addiction.   [And no animals are traumatized during the course of a shoot.]

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 08:48:03 PM »
Thanks Lee. I will definately be coming back. I felt a little out of place with my 12 round mag tube and shell caddies. Maybe next time I'll take the extension off  :D