< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nebraska Carry_ 2 firearms groups in our state?!  (Read 777 times)

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
Nebraska Carry_ 2 firearms groups in our state?!
« on: October 01, 2014, 06:41:39 PM »
I just saw this on Facebook & thought that I would share... For those of you who may not already know, there is an up & coming group called 'Nebraska Carry'.

I have been on there Facebook page for a few weeks & they seem to be fairly reasonable people.  I get the impression that they started as an 'open carry' advocacy group & but they discuss all aspects of firearms ownership.

I have been curious what there plans were for the group & after seeing this recent post I think that I now know...

They just listed off their initial Board Of Directors & their plans to file for a 501C4.

I guess I thought that I would post this breaking development because I am curious what everyone's thoughts are on having 2 firearms rights groups in Nebraska?

I could see it having advantages as far as activism & rallying the base....& I could also see if being not so great as far as new membership or if the 2 organizations don't somewhat work together....  I guess I'm just not sure...

I would guess that we already have some cross membership...
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Nebraska Carry_ 2 firearms groups in our state?!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 06:48:18 PM »
I have spoke with the leadership of the group, they are primarily interested in open carry.  Obviously they have interests other than just that, who doesn't like a nice wheel gun even though you are a strong Glock/1911 person.

They do have interest in working together with the NFOA on many issues, and learning from us.  So having another group that has a single issue but supports us in everything else can be a great advantage.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 11:16:44 PM »
I am a member of both groups.  I support the full breadth of rights protected by the Constitution, even the ones that scare me. Too many folks only support the liberties that they agree with and that is too bad.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 01:00:33 AM »
Lincoln and Omaha chapters should go over real well.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 08:36:04 AM »
Is this the same group that went to Netties Mexican a few months ago and open carried?
I went there that night, and sat near them and spoke to some of them. They seem like a nice bunch of folks.
Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 08:52:53 AM »
Is this the same group that went to Netties Mexican a few months ago and open carried?
I went there that night, and sat near them and spoke to some of them. They seem like a nice bunch of folks.
Greg58

That would be them & yes they all seem nice in my online interactions with them... for their group being new & having significantly less members right now, I have been out in public twice in the last month at non firearm related places & saw a group of them wearing Nebraska Carry T.Shirts...
Other than walking by a mirror, I have yet to see anyone wearing a NFOA shirt not specifically at a gun show/range/etc...
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 08:55:43 AM »
Other than walking by a mirror, I have yet to see anyone wearing a NFOA shirt not specifically at a gun show/range/etc...
That because you don't come to Lincoln enough. ;)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 03:15:20 PM »
I actually got complimented on my NFOA shirt the other day at the grocery store.  A gentleman told me he appreciated all the work the NFOA does.

From the little I know of them my impression of this group is favorable.  I think having a sister organization we can partner with is a good thing.  Too often groups on the same side of the same issue end up fighting each other as much as the opposition **cough**NAGR**