General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Who Wants To Do Some Street Fishing?

<< < (4/6) > >>

JTH:

--- Quote from: Gary on October 04, 2014, 10:14:14 PM ---Starting or supporting a downtown neighborhood watch program with the city of Lincoln is a bad idea?   
--- End quote ---

The response probably has something to do with your statements of:

"Street Fishing"

and

"...to try and catch these guys."

....neither of which, of course, neighborhood watch groups do.  They neither troll nor fish for crime, nor do they attempt to catch criminals.

--- Quote ---Also, just for my personal edification, are you guys dicks 24 7 or just on forum pages? 

Does your Mothers know you are such jerks?  I hope not.  They would be ashamed.
--- End quote ---

Hm.  Yes, you are right.  We are the problem.  Our behavior, and how we treat others on the forum, is the issue at hand.  The problem isn't people who say or do things that are either wrong or outright dangerous.  The problem is the people who point that out, using various means.

We should be ashamed.

I'll go back to learning how to disassemble my firearms one-handed while driving at speed down the highway.  It'll be safe, though, because there won't be one in the chamber, and there will be a Saf-T-Blok in the gun.

I'll also go back to practicing jumping out of my bathroom window in case someone traps me there, and starts chopping down the door with an axe.  Doesn't matter how dangerous jumping might be (through a glass window), it will certainly be safer than defending myself with a firearm.

In my spare time, I'll work on catching criminals on the streets of Lincoln.

All of which you have specifically espoused as perfectly good choices.

--- Quote ---I just feel the three people up to this should be off the streets.  You guys like to see people beat up and left for dead in alleys?    They are going to kill someone.
--- End quote ---

Yes, yes, because not wanting to hit the streets and catch criminals means that we "like to see people beat up and left for dead in alleys."  There is no other possible explanation.  No other choice imaginable.

--- Quote ---I suggest you guys follow the link below, and revise your attitudes.   

You guys have some clique here.   Lol

Some of you guys are firearms trainers, with your attitudes?   Seriously?   NRA trainers?  Part of the ethics of beingban NRA trainer is Attitude. 
--- End quote ---

Part of the ethics of being an NRA trainer is knowing the laws.  And teaching them correctly.  In addition, teaching proper safe gun handling. 

What's that bible quote?  Something about splinters in eyes, and logs in one's own?

I note also that I recall you stating for the record on this forum "certifications" that you had earned for teaching CCW classes and such far before you actually had received such.

You say a lot of things, Gary.  Handy thing about the Internet---you can always pull up exactly what someone said.  The Internet doesn't forget.

Oh, by the way---if you think your commentary in any way was taken as a rebuke, you are sadly mistaken.  Quite frankly, it just showed more of precisely to what extent you seem to understand.

And I realize that you are inordinately proud of being an NRA instructor, Gary.  You might want to bear in mind that not only are you not the only one, but more importantly, SO MANY OF THEM disagree with you.

Gary:
From the Lincoln Police Department:

It's as easy as One, Two, Three...

One... Contact your neighbors and determine if interest in starting a Neighborhood Watch group exist.

Two... Contact the Education and Personnel Unit of the Lincoln Police Department. Our telephone number is 441-7261. You will be sent a Neighborhood Watch start up kit, which contains a group roster sheet, a Neighborhood Watch book and window stickers.

Three... The last step is to go back to your neighbors and gather the needed information for the group roster. Then return the roster to the Lincoln Police Department Education and Personnel Unit to activate your group. Once your group has been activated, you will be sent the needed materials to supply your group. 

Gary:

--- Quote from: jthhapkido on October 04, 2014, 10:41:13 PM ---The response probably has something to do with your statements of:

"Street Fishing"

and

....neither of which, of course, neighborhood watch groups do.  They neither troll nor fish for crime, nor do they attempt to catch criminals.

Hm.  Yes, you are right.  We are the problem.  Our behavior, and how we treat others on the forum, is the issue at hand.  The problem isn't people who say or do things that are either wrong or outright dangerous.  The problem is the people who point that out, using various means.

We should be ashamed.

I'll go back to learning how to disassemble my firearms one-handed while driving at speed down the highway.  It'll be safe, though, because there won't be one in the chamber, and there will be a Saf-T-Blok in the gun.

I'll also go back to practicing jumping out of my bathroom window in case someone traps me there, and starts chopping down the door with an axe.  Doesn't matter how dangerous jumping might be (through a glass window), it will certainly be safer than defending myself with a firearm.

In my spare time, I'll work on catching criminals on the streets of Lincoln.

All of which you have specifically espoused as perfectly good choices.

Yes, yes, because not wanting to hit the streets and catch criminals means that we "like to see people beat up and left for dead in alleys."  There is no other possible explanation.  No other choice imaginable.

Part of the ethics of being an NRA trainer is knowing the laws.  And teaching them correctly.  In addition, teaching proper safe gun handling. 

What's that bible quote?  Something about splinters in eyes, and logs in one's own?

I note also that I recall you stating for the record on this forum "certifications" that you had earned for teaching CCW classes and such far before you actually had received such.

You say a lot of things, Gary.  Handy thing about the Internet---you can always pull up exactly what someone said.  The Internet doesn't forget.

Oh, by the way---if you think your commentary in any way was taken as a rebuke, you are sadly mistaken.  Quite frankly, it just showed more of precisely to what extent you seem to understand.

And I realize that you are inordinately proud of being an NRA instructor, Gary.  You might want to bear in mind that not only are you not the only one, but more importantly, SO MANY OF THEM disagree with you.

--- End quote ---
You cannot rationalize away three things

Neighborhood Watch was the point of the thread, protecting people and property

you are a internet bully

You are incorrect about a few things.

Come see me anytime at my place of business and stand before me with your concerns, rather than just spread internet rumors that are untrue.  I suggest you look at problem real close to the vest

Admin:

--- Quote from: jthhapkido on October 04, 2014, 10:41:13 PM ---The response probably has something to do with your statements of:

"Street Fishing"

and

--- End quote ---

Admin agrees...and I tire of your antics Gary so pack up your fishing gear and go home

Gary:
Back to the point of the thread, any folks want to start or support a downtown Lincoln neighborhood watch program?

http://www.klkntv.com/story/26697616/unl-student-robbed-assaulted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version