< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gun Control through Ballot Initiatives at the state level  (Read 752 times)

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
Gun Control through Ballot Initiatives at the state level
« on: November 13, 2014, 01:01:13 PM »
Is it possible.....that a ballot initiative similar to I-594 that was purchased in Washington state by a coalition of billionaires, could pass or be attempted in our great state?

What if it was a slightly scaled back version that might appeal to some nebraskans as 'common sense'?   What if Nanny Bloombergs group spent $12+ million to get an initiative passed here? 

It may sound far fetched....but apparently Nevada will be the next to find out as they are collecting signatures for 2015....& the rumor is Arizona may be next in line.   Arizona is currently regarded as one of the top states for Gun Rights & this would be a disaster for law abiding citizens there....

Registration leads to Confiscation! 

At least some Washington Gun owners are planning a protest....it will be interesting to see how the police & sheriff's who were opposed to this will enforce such unconstitutional laws....

http://bearingarms.com/arrest-will-comply-washingtons-594-protested-mass-felony-civil-disobedience/
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Gun Control through Ballot Initiatives at the state level
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 01:24:25 PM »
Just think how much good could have been done had all that money been spent on going after criminals instead of chaining the law-abiding citizens.

My guess is Nebraska is too low-profile of a state for them to go after, at least for now. They'd probably go after Iowa or Wisconsin first in my opinion.