< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nebraska Legislature Election 2014  (Read 6830 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Nebraska Legislature Election 2014
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2014, 03:29:42 PM »
So how did the NFOA-PAF endorsed candidates do?

Working on a post, but quickly we did well better than expected and even better than I thought we would about 10:30 last night.  I went through a period of the sky falling and needed friends to cheer me up.

Offline grumpy old man

• NFOA Full Member
    • Stand Up For It !
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2014, 03:38:58 PM »
I look forward to hearing about your thoughts on how it turned out from a local percpective and if you think any pro 2nd amendment issues will be addressed with this body in the nebraska legislature.
"One man with courage is a majority." Thomas Jefferson

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” Thomas Jefferson

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2014, 04:07:17 PM »
Or, alternatively, you could consider that candidates ought to work to earn the votes they get. If Lee Terry had been more of a friend to liberty, he might have gotten those votes. Instead they went to a protest candidate. That is what happens when a mediocre candidate runs in a close contest.

But FWIW, there is no persuasive evidence that Libertarian Party candidates pull more from the right than the left. Libertarianism contains something to offend everyone (who isn't a libertarian, that is): anti-prohibitionism and social liberty to anger the Right, and free markets and personal responsibility to drive the Left up the wall.

I'll add - the natural conclusion to any vote stealing / siphoning via third party candidates discussion or blame game is to eliminate the third party candidates from the ballots.  Seriously, what other eventuality is there ?

It's a discussion that MUST NOT be entertained.

As an aside, everyone at my work voted for Blue Website Guy (TM) (aka Steve Laird).  He was the best candidate for the job in our opinion.  If he runs next time, one of us will prolly offer to design a site for him heh.

As a really far aside - libertarians really need to learn how to talk to people.  "We want to eliminate the Dept of Education!"  ZOMG CHILDREN NUUUU!!!  No no, show me how the DoE has helped your child.  Oh, it hasn't.  It doesn't even care about your kid.  So why does it exist ? ... Those kinds of things. 

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2014, 06:34:58 PM »
Well I guess my original prediction came pretty close. We got 5 out of the 6 seats that I had called would be good chances for pickups for Republicans :)

Here's an article from the Omaha World Herald counting the tally:

http://www.omaha.com/news/legislature/pete-ricketts-can-expect-a-more-comfortable-shade-of-red/article_d8587d02-41d1-567d-90b1-a086e0e683d6.html

I believe they are mistaken when they say there is only one Independent though. Ernie Chambers and Al Davis are both independents as far as i know.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2014, 01:44:58 PM »
Well I guess my original prediction came pretty close. We got 5 out of the 6 seats that I had called would be good chances for pickups for Republicans :)

Here's an article from the Omaha World Herald counting the tally:

http://www.omaha.com/news/legislature/pete-ricketts-can-expect-a-more-comfortable-shade-of-red/article_d8587d02-41d1-567d-90b1-a086e0e683d6.html

I believe they are mistaken when they say there is only one Independent though. Ernie Chambers and Al Davis are both independents as far as i know.

Last time I checked, Al Davis was registered as a Republican, though he has criticized the two-party system and the way that partisan primaries are conducted in Nebraska.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2014, 01:51:44 PM »
I'm thinking that I'd prefer to use a reference that wasn't obviously created to cause problems for Nolte.  Not saying it is wrong, just that it obviously has a bias, and thus, is not necessarily reliable.

Here is one of the campaign filings from Nolte to the Accountability & Disclosure Commission disclosing donors: http://www.nadc.nebraska.gov/ccdb/search.cgi?page=formb1b&IDNO=14CAC01863&OFFREC=10/28/2014&REPORT_ID=25568