< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Dark Angel Medical Training Class, Lincoln, 15-16 AUG 2015  (Read 6898 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Re: Dark Angel Medical Training Class, Lincoln, 15-16 AUG 2015
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2015, 08:50:58 AM »
I appreciated how the class sorted out the current technology re: tourniquets and clotting agents.  I have a much better understanding of what to use andd what makes a good choice. 

The info on how relatively very little blood loss dramatically lowers your odds of survival was sobering.  Two tourniquets in my range bag now and both are CAT tourniquets. 

Both instructors were true BTDT guys (military experience as combat medics) and both were currently employed outside of Dark Angel as medics.  MUCH real world experience!  And yes, they had some great stories.  Both knew their craft and presented the material in a straight forward, easily digestible manner. 

Yes, the class is well worth your time and money.  If you somehow manage to put a round in your leg and the blood is squirting out 6 feet in the air, you better do something right quick and it better be the right thing with right tools. 

As they told us repeatedly in the class, the odds of using this knowledge are much greater than using your firearm in a defensive situation.  Not nearly as glamorous but far more practical. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller