< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NFOA website blocked  (Read 1271 times)

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
NFOA website blocked
« on: October 01, 2014, 08:10:35 AM »
After about a year of going to site on my work computer the site is now blocked because "weapons" oh well, still got my phone

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Re: NFOA website blocked
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 02:51:22 PM »
Yea same with my work, e-bay, CL, fantacy football, car sites, all ok, but NFOA blocked for "weapons".

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 05:04:26 PM »
Reading things like this makes me realize that the times I think of getting a normal 9-5 eaiser job instead of working for myself as a sole proprietor just wouldn't work.  Plus my mouth would get me in trouble in no time.   ;D

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 08:14:05 AM »
Some days I'm happy I'm the IT admin. Even if we did implement a web filter device (which I would fight as much as possible), I could always allow traffic for just me.  >:D

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 08:50:43 AM »
I'm just glad my boss is as big of a gun nut as I am. 

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 09:02:17 AM »
I used to be BIG BROTHER and monitored web usage.  Strange, my co-worker and I could go anywhere we wanted w/o being noticed, unless you monitored the router table.  The router knows all.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 11:40:57 PM »
While I am not suggesting you do personal surfing while on work time or go against company policy.  Usually a TeamViewer or LogMeIN type of remote control of your home PC can be remotely viewed on a work PC. 
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 09:09:32 AM »
The way I see it when I am at work I am on their dime. Their equipment and internet access. They are entitled to manage it however they want to.
If I need to access something when I am on break or lunch I can use my phone. Other wise I am obligated to be doing what I am taking their money for.

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 09:40:17 AM »
I was visiting the in-laws in Iowa over the weekend and was blocked by the NFOA server when I was trying to log in over their wi-fi. That was the first time that has happened since I've been a member over the multitude of trips I've taken. I also had poor cell service so I don't know if my cell data wasn't transferring correctly over the cell towers when I switched my connection to cell data, but I still couldn't get on... looks like I missed a couple good active threads!

Any advice on the server, Dan?
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline KY57

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 09:00:31 AM »
Site was blocked for me anywhere overseas.  I suspect that any non-US IPs are blocked, which makes sense.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 04:58:22 PM »
Any non USA IP's or Non USA proxies will be blocked at the server access level. If I am blocking a legit USA IP and you want me to whitelist it, send me a note. Other wise I will update the list of allowed USA IP's as soon an I can get to it
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 09:57:33 PM »
Thanks Dan, no hurry. It will be a few months before we visit again.

If I'm using the same device, but in a different location in the US, how does that affect the IPs  and other things that would cause a block?
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2014, 10:10:44 PM »
If the device is utilizing a proxy server the IP can change every log on, and many (most?) proxies are used by a lot of hackers to hide their locations. It is also a good possibility that my allowed IP list just needs an update
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 10:20:32 PM »
I just updated the allowed list to the most recent IP's that I can be had without paying for the service, which means the list is 30 days old, but changes are not really that frequent so I usually update it quarterly or when I get a question like this
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder