< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Tell me again why we don't have an EBOLA Vaccine??  (Read 806 times)

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
Tell me again why we don't have an EBOLA Vaccine??
« on: October 17, 2014, 11:39:30 AM »
Maybe because...... 

" The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has spent more than $39 million on obese lesbians, origami condoms, texting drunks, and dozens of other projects that could have been scrapped in favor of developing an Ebola vaccine."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/17/3643352-worth-nih-funding-that-could-have-gone-to-ebola-vaccine/?intcmp=HPBucket

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Tell me again why we don't have an EBOLA Vaccine??
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 06:51:00 PM »
It's always about the money. Big Pharma is not going to develop anything if nobody is going to PAY.

Now, people are scared, and for good reason. STUPIDITY. Which will turn fear into big $$$.
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 07:29:58 PM »
ZMAPP is the experimental drug that has no human proof of function (was used up on first cases brought into the USA). Developed out of a government grant funded lab...from tobacco plants...plant growing facility recently purchased by Reynolds...

Make a scare (bring it home for extra notice) and instant MONEY.

Interesting how long the virus has been an issue...but recently a home concern.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 12:48:40 AM »
It's always about the money. Big Pharma is not going to develop anything if nobody is going to PAY.

Now, people are scared, and for good reason. STUPIDITY. Which will turn fear into big $$$.

Bingo.

If there's money to be made from a vaccine, they'll work on it.  Unfortunately, the science isn't always there to support the business case.  Take AIDS, for example.  If a company were to develop a vaccine they would be immensely profitable.  And it's not for lack of trying.  They just haven't been able to do it yet. 

I do have to say that researching fat lesbians seems to be a little ridiculous.

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 08:23:42 PM »
I do have to say that researching fat lesbians seems to be a little ridiculous.

Most likely to fund a lab somewhere (it is all about the money). May even have function to isolate a certain voting public. If it wasn't one or the other or similar...nobody would care.

Heard a news comment recently on the radio, citing some 30,000 deaths per year from common influensa. Nobody seems hot to fix that problem...or any thousand of other issues that cause thousands of deaths per year...but get a couple local issues and the whole place falls apart...

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 07:43:25 AM »
If and when the Obama Admin offers an Ebola vaccine, be sure to stand in the blue line and not the red line. 

:)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline eshold

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 02:15:35 PM »
Ebola vaccine? .....no thanks.