< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: USPSA RO Class - MARCH 21 & 22, 2015  (Read 1893 times)

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
USPSA RO Class - MARCH 21 & 22, 2015
« on: October 20, 2014, 07:11:52 PM »
The Eastern Nebraska Practical Shooters is hosting a USPSA RO Class again this year.  The date for the class is March 21 & 22, 2015.  The class is held all day on Saturday and there is a 1/2 day on Sunday at the range.

The cost for the class is $70.00
The location will be in Lousiville, NE (exact location TBD)

The Eastern Nebraska Practical Shooters website will have the registration information and final details as we get them set.  We are announcing this class early so that people can schedule time for it.  You will be able to pay for the class online by credit card as soon as we get the website updated.  If paying by credit card, you will be charged the 3% processing fee.  If you would rather not pay by credit card, you can mail a check for the class.  That information will be on the ENPS website as well.

You must be a USPSA member to take this class.  For information about membership, go to the USPSA website at:  www.uspsa.org
This is NOT an NRA RO Class.  This class is for USPSA matches. It will teach you how to run shooters safely in the shooting sport of USPSA.

This class only happens once a year (if we have enough interest) - so if you are interested, please plan to attend and register early!

If you have other questions or need further information, please email enpsinfo@gmail.com.   Also, if you know you would like to attend and want to "hold" a spot, email me and I'll add you to the list.  Once we get all the info up online, I'll send out an email to everyone on the list so they can register.

THANKS!

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: USPSA RO Class - MARCH 21 & 22, 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 09:07:40 PM »
We don't have to be ENGC members, correct?

Offline Mudnrox

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 09:36:38 PM »
We don't have to be ENGC members, correct?
That is correct.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 09:37:44 PM »
Good deal, I'll see if I'm free that weekend.

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 05:33:09 PM »
I am a current USPSA member and would like to take the class but I do not plan on renewing my USPSA membership. Will the RO certification stay if I dont plan on renewing?

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 05:57:40 PM »
Good Class.

Attended the one held last year at Creighton University.

Fairly serious take-home exam.

Instructor at that time was Troy McManus, USPSA Area 4 Director, who was thoroughly knowledgeable on the just-about-ten-million-hair-splitting-rules of USPSA.  He has now moved up to become National Director.

Do NOT be intimidated by the test element.  A 15-year old young high school lady took and passed the course.  Of course, she was (a) quite bright and (b) worked hard at it.

Go Get It.  Excellent training.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 07:30:56 PM »
I am a current USPSA member and would like to take the class but I do not plan on renewing my USPSA membership. Will the RO certification stay if I dont plan on renewing?

Nope.  Must be a USPSA member to retain USPSA RO certification.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 06:38:47 AM »
Good Class.

Attended the one held last year at Creighton University.

Fairly serious take-home exam.

Instructor at that time was Troy McManus, USPSA Area 4 Director, who was thoroughly knowledgeable on the just-about-ten-million-hair-splitting-rules of USPSA.  He has now moved up to become National Director.

Do NOT be intimidated by the test element.  A 15-year old young high school lady took and passed the course.  Of course, she was (a) quite bright and (b) worked hard at it.

Go Get It.  Excellent training.

sfg

Wait a minute now!  I thought that too many rules was the sole province of IDPA! :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 07:46:16 AM »
Wait a minute now!  I thought that too many rules was the sole province of IDPA! :)

Ah, but you see, the difference is that in USPSA, ROs need to follow the rules, and don't get to alter, change, differentiate the meaning.  :)

Weirdly enough, even though there ARE more rules in the USPSA rulebook, many of them create limits on what the match officials do.  And the ones that deal with competitor behavior are mostly completely cut-and-dried----with very little ambiguity.

No judgements on cover calls, for example.  :)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 07:56:59 AM »
Coupla Comments on USPSA Rules:

1)   At night when I can't sleep, just start reciting the USPSA rules for--say--a reshoot (or pick any other topic:  holsters).  First thing you know, birds are chirping and it's getting light in the east.

2)   Anybody who can pass USPSA exam w/80% or higher should get an honorary law degree from Creighton University and a pass on the State of Nebraska bar exam.

That's all I think I know.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 05:18:19 PM »
Ah, but you see, the difference is that in USPSA, ROs need to follow the rules, and don't get to alter, change, differentiate the meaning.  :)

Weirdly enough, even though there ARE more rules in the USPSA rulebook, many of them create limits on what the match officials do.  And the ones that deal with competitor behavior are mostly completely cut-and-dried----with very little ambiguity.

No judgements on cover calls, for example.  :)

A lack of ambiguity will get you killed on the streets.  :)

Yep, there's a lot of wiggle room.  Not sure how to get around it though. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 10:07:06 AM »

2)   Anybody who can pass USPSA exam w/80% or higher should get an honorary law degree from Creighton University and a pass on the State of Nebraska bar exam.

I was mad that I got a 99%. I wanted a 100%!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 09:15:12 PM »
The registration form is now available on the ENPS website---and for those who like paying online, there is a link to do that too!

http://easternnebraskapracticalshooters.com/schedule.html#ro-class

Get yourself registered and paid up so you have a spot reserved!  (Note:  you can simply give the registration form and a check for payment to Julie at the range at a match, or you can mail it to her.) Or send her the registration but pay online, that's all good too!

Remember:  Checks should be payable to ENGC.  Much as Julie would like having more money, the checks are NOT payable to her directly.  :)