< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: military planning 30 man strike teams for use inside the U.S.  (Read 1208 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
 according to CNN, the military is planning on forming 30 man strike teams, to be rushed to what ever parts of the U.S. has a abola outbreak , these teams will be made up of doctors and nurses, and trainers,

on the top, I think they will be able to get anywhere fast,   But then, it always makes me uneasy when the military does anything inside the borders,

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/19/health/us-ebola/index.html
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Re: military planning 30 man strike teams for use inside the U.S.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 05:44:10 PM »
The Posse Comitatus Act was passed to prevent the use of Federal Troop from enforcing laws within the states, but the National Guard isn't considered part of the "Federal" armed services.   However,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act
n 2006, Congress modified the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill (repealed as of 2008). On September 26, 2006, President George W. Bush urged Congress to consider revising federal laws so that U.S. armed forces could restore public order and enforce laws in the aftermath of a natural disaster, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition. These changes were included in the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007 (H.R. 5122), which was signed into law on October 17, 2006.

Section 1076 is titled "Use of the Armed Forces in major public emergencies." It provided that:

The President may employ the armed forces... to... restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition... the President determines that... domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order... or [to] suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such... a condition... so hinders the execution of the laws... that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law... or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

In 2008, these changes in the Insurrection Act of 1807 were repealed in their entirety, reverting to the previous wording of the Insurrection Act. It was originally written to limit Presidential power as much as possible in the event of insurrection, rebellion, or lawlessness.

In 2011, U.S. President Barack Obama signed National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 into law. Section 1021(b)(2) extended the definition of a "covered person", i.e., someone possibly subject to detention under this law, ...

So now, it seems that all of our ground troops and airforce are National Guard members.

BTW, the 2012 law was mostly a Republican supported bill.

Offline barmandr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 11:04:01 PM »
The use of these teams does not fall under posse comitatus in any way whatsoever.  They will not be enforcing any kind of civil law or restoration of public order.  They are medical teams.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 09:51:45 AM »
It would be better for them to be called CDC teams being given logistical assistance by the military and including military personnel.  The makeup of the teams: 5 doctors, 5 trainers, and 20 nurses, does not seem military in nature even if the members of the team are military personnel.  The perception would be a lot better if they were not called military teams, given the very legitimate widespread suspicion of the Obama administration.   
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 10:22:36 AM »
They will not be enforcing any kind of civil law or restoration of public order
Qaurantines are not civil commitments? Enforcing a quarantine certainly falls under civil law enforcement
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 10:55:05 AM »
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/dod-creates-military-team-deal-ebola-us-we-actually-do-have-legal

This is a better news source than CNN.

The only reason Ebola is any kind of threat here is that liberalism, our official state religion, will not allow those coming from infected areas to be kept out, because they are members of a protected class, so keeping them out would be an act of heresy.

If Ebola does establish a foothold in America, that foothold will likely be in what are essentially third world enclaves here, so the same dynamic will be in effect, which means any kind of quarantine will be an act of heresy.

These teams seem like a good idea, but would not be necessary if liberalism was not our official state religion. And given who the Commander-in-Chief is and what things he has done, I don't expect them to be put to any good purpose. They are at best part of the charade that Obama is a loyal American, and at worst... well, who knows...
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 11:32:21 AM »
While the statistics for Ebola look gruesome, and the government is probably not telling the whole story, or telling the whole truth in the parts of the story they do tell,  I don't believe that Ebola will catch fire in this country.   The reason is because of FEAR.   Why is fear effective?  Because people have learned NOT to trust what the authorities say because they have been caught in too many lies or half-truths, not only about Ebola but for just about any other topic they speak on.

Because of fear the Texas Presbyterian Hospital is now a ghost town.  NOBODY is visiting or using that hospital since Duncan died and the two nurses contracted Ebola because people are afraid to use it.

So, right now, no one can catch Ebola from that hospital.   The same for any establishment visited by a person under voluntary quarantine, even  if the visitor happens to be an MD working for NBC.  IF people learn that someone suspected of having been exposed to Ebola visited a certain place,  that place, as well as everyone who worked there,  might as well go through disinfection procedures and into quarantine for 21 days.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 10:06:14 PM »
  my next question, is why will it take them 72 hours to get somewhere?
 NRA Endowment member

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 10:46:16 AM »
why will it take them 72 hours to get somewhere?

Probably because 72 hours is the government's meaning of "rush"?

Remember that old joke about the man who calls 911?
As I was getting into bed the other night, my wife told me I had left the light on in the garage. She could see light coming through the bedroom window. As I got up to shut the curtain (rather than go outside to shut off the stupid light), I saw there were 2 guys taking things from my garage. I immediately called 911, but was told that they didn't have anyone "in the area at this time," but would send someone over as soon as possible. I said OK, hung up, and waited one minute. Then I called 911 again. I said, "I called you a minute ago because there was someone in my garage. Well, you don't have to worry about that now because I just shot them."

Within two minutes there were 3 cruisers in front of my house, a SWAT van
and the paramedics.

They immediately apprehended the burglars. However, the lieutenant was
really mad & said "I thought you said you'd shot them!"

I replied, "I thought you said there was nobody available."

Add the word "gun" or "shot" to your Ebola call and you will get a rapid response.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 04:09:48 PM »
Add the word "gun" or "shot" to your Ebola call and you will get a rapid response.

Tell them there's an Ebola outbreak at an NRA meeting and instead of 72 hours it'll be 72 days.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 09:16:53 PM »
I wonder if these government teams might roll in on every new  case that pops up hauling off the sick and keeping all new cases harder to find then WMD in Iraq.  Maybe to much like X-Files.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 10:20:00 PM »
I wonder if these government teams might roll in on every new  case that pops up hauling off the sick and keeping all new cases harder to find then WMD in Iraq.  Maybe to much like X-Files.

And because the operation is "military" press will be excluded, IF they are informed at all.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 10:41:28 PM »
 The Truth Is Out There!
 NRA Endowment member