< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: another bush is thinking of running for Pres.  (Read 3471 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
another bush is thinking of running for Pres.
« on: October 26, 2014, 08:27:58 PM »
 Im not sure at all if this is good or bad, the last 2 bushes were pretty much useless,

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article3386681.html
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
Re: another bush is thinking of running for Pres.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 08:54:46 PM »
Jeb would be bad.  Establishment character.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 08:56:40 PM »
I'm not a fan of political dynasties.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 09:01:37 PM »
I would rather see Jeb as the Republican nominee, than anti-gun Christies.

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 09:05:25 PM »
The Republicans will probably will run someone that we will have to hold our nose and vote against HELLARY.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline Gumby

• Powder Benefactor
  • Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselves!
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 09:06:24 PM »
8)

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 09:21:29 PM »
Just follow the money.

Was Romney the peoples choice? Not mine, but the RNC says he was. You won't see a Ron Paul or Dr Ben Carson cause they are/would be too devisive. Oh and heaven help if Ms Palin returns to the front page.

RP, Newt, Santorum, Perry, Bachman,  all had good qualities, but didn't appeal to enough people so the RNC gave us Mitt.

One more Bush vs one more Clinton. Don't doubt it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:15:44 PM by kozball »
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 10:07:36 PM »
Is Rand Paul electable?  In my opinion he is Way More pro-Rights than any of these other establishment RINO's! 
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 10:19:58 PM »
Rand seems to be a guy that can hold his principles yet play politics. Sometimes it takes the quality of being able to play politics to actually rise to the top and I hope that people see that pragmatic character in Rand. Most of his policies are based on logic and realism and not necessarily an ideology. That's why I would vote for him in a heartbeat over others in the establishment or even on the far right side.
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 11:31:11 PM »
You won't see a Ron Paul or Dr Ben Carson cause they are/would be too devisive.

You think Carson is too divisive?  Geez I hope not. I'm reading a couple of his books now after listening to him on Hannity a few days ago. Don't think he's as divisive as "another Bush". 
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 07:51:41 AM »
Is Rand Paul electable?  In my opinion he is Way More pro-Rights than any of these other establishment RINO's! 

Rand is my choice.
 You can tell the left is scared of him by the way the media has been attacking him the last few months. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:06:34 AM by bkoenig »

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 10:27:17 AM »
If another Bush gets the Republican nomination I'm going to start believing conspiracy theories.

I think Rand would be by far the best choice.  He has been said to be part of the open border crowd, since he leans toward Libertarian philosophy, and that's where that party is.  So I copied the position on the issue given on his website and am pasting it here.  At least from what he says he does not appear to be in favor of open borders:

"I do not support amnesty, I support legal immigration and recognize that the country has been enriched by those who seek the freedom to make a life for themselves. However, millions of illegal immigrants are crossing our border without our knowledge and causing a clear threat to our national security. I want to work in the Senate to secure our border immediately. In addition, I support the creation of a border fence and increased border patrol capabilities.

Immigrants should meet the current requirements, which should be enforced and updated. I realize that subsidizing something creates more of it, and do not think the taxpayer should be forced to pay for welfare, medical care and other expenses for illegal immigrants. Once the subsidies for illegal immigration are removed, the problem will likely become far less common.

I support local solutions to illegal immigration as protected by the 10th amendment. I support making English the official language of all documents and contracts.

Millions crossing our border without our knowledge constitutes a clear threat to our nation's security. Instead of closing military bases at home and renting space in Europe, I am open to the construction of bases to protect our border."

His position on 2A is the best out of the bunch, so I didn't see any need to go into detail on it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:30:45 AM by depserv »
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 11:56:02 AM »
Rand is my pick as of now. The Dems really fear him because he can peel off the pro-privacy, anti-interventionist moderates that are still looking for a home.

Offline grumpy old man

• NFOA Full Member
    • Stand Up For It !
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 01:14:39 PM »
Jeb is for amnesty.  that right there proves he is unfit.  my first pick is Ted Cruz.  Man is a leader and a true conservative.  Any candidate that the RNC is pushing for (Bush, Christie, Romney) will be losers in the Presidential main election.  The only way a conservative wins is if its Cruz or Paul.  JMO
"One man with courage is a majority." Thomas Jefferson

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” Thomas Jefferson

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 02:24:11 PM »
You think Carson is too divisive?  Geez I hope not. I'm reading a couple of his books now after listening to him on Hannity a few days ago. Don't think he's as divisive as "another Bush". 

When I listen to Carson, I like what he says. I feel he is one of the most conservative people that I have heard. He doesn't spew any BS, just says what he means and he can explain everything in an understandable manor.

The problem with him is that he is too conservative / devisive. The RNC would never allow him to be the man as he is not one of the status quo, and without the RNC, there is no money.

If you need RNC money, you play RNC rules.

I could go for Rand or Cruz or maybe a Bobby Jindahl, but need to research him a little more.
Could even get a Walker from Wisconsin, possibly.
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 02:37:19 PM »
Ted Cruz.  I'd like to have a beer with him.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 02:38:58 PM »
Dr. Ben Carson thinks there's no need for people to have scary black rifles.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 05:38:58 PM »

Odd it is, the dynasty thing:  Adamses (2), Roosevelts(2), Bushes(2).  A Third Bush dying to get into the line.

Kennedys, coulda been forever.   Lots of them.   Thank God and Mary Jo Kopechne (RIP) that it didn't happen.

Clintons as Wannabes.

Where are the Fresh New Faces.  Fresh new Conservative faces...........

We need a Modern Day Moses to lead the people out of the Wilderness.

Instead of deeper into the quagmire.

sfg

Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 06:11:57 PM »
Dr. Ben Carson thinks there's no need for people to have scary black rifles.

I haven't gotten to that part of the book yet. 
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 06:44:51 PM »
Correction: he said it's ok for some people to have semi-auto weapons...
I live out in the country, but not by myself.  I guess I'd have to give them up then?   ::)

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Ben_Carson_Gun_Control.htm

Semi-automatic weapons ok in countryside, but not cities

Appearing on Glenn Beck's radio show this past week, Carson took a vastly different stance from most conservatives on the issue of gun control, claiming you shouldn't be able to own semi-automatic weapons in large cities.
Asked by Beck for his thoughts on the Second Amendment, Carson gave the popular pro-gun argument: "There's a reason for the Second Amendment; people do have the right to have weapons."
But when asked whether people should be allowed to own "semi-automatic weapons," the doctor replied: "It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I'm afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it," Carson elaborated. However, if you live "out in the country somewhere by yourself" and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, "I've no problem with that."

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.