< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Be Aware  (Read 4027 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Be Aware
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 08:38:23 AM »
There is an obvious contradiction between what is in the law and what is in the FAQ.

60-399 states:
No person shall attach to or display on such motor vehicle or trailer any (a) license plate or registration certificate other than as assigned to it for the current registration period,...

AND what the DMV says in their FAQ:
]I just bought a new vehicle. Can I put my old plates on it during the 30 days I have to register?

Yes. Just be sure to carry your ownership documents with you so that in the event you are stopped by law enforcement you can provide the proper evidence of ownership.

The law is the law.   An FAQ is not. Anyone want to pay attorney fees and risk conviction in order to clear up the matter?   I don't.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:24:54 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 05:04:14 PM »
Are you people still saying this is untrue?  For **** sake go ask Marty Conboy or a Trooper. 

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 08:28:25 PM »
I didn't say it was untrue.  I said the FAQ was contradictory to the law.   Both statements cannot be true.

Marty Conboy is/was  just the Omaha City prosecutor.  The best resolution would be for the State Attorney General to issue a clarifying statement or get the DMV to change their FAQ.