< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: We Need Volunteers to help recruit, have you done your part yet?  (Read 1059 times)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
We Need Volunteers to help recruit, have you done your part yet?
« on: September 07, 2009, 09:33:06 PM »
The NFOA has become the largest gun rights group in Nebraska, but we are not done yet. We need more members, and more people to know that we exist. Simply passing out flyers or ads in the paper will not get us to be as powerful as we need to be in the tough days ahead of us.

The way to grow this organization is to get out and talk to the people, organize them, just like ACORN organized the other side. They are well organized and well funded, very well funded. The problem they have is, WE OUTNUMBER THEM. But without proper organization at the national, state and local levels, we will lose the battle.

The NRA is national, make no mistake about it. They do not spend time and money here fighting our battles. They fight in Washington and in states with significantly higher populations. We are lucky to have them doing this. This is precisely why the NFOA was formed. We fight our battles here in Nebraska, on a state and local level, where it matters most.

By personally talking to new prospects, they know we are citizens of Nebraska, just like them, with the same goals, ideas and values as they have. The organization speaks for itself, we just have to relay the message about what we are trying to do.

It is not hard to get members to sign up, it just takes the initiative to grab someone out of an aisle at a gun show, sporting goods show or a firearms event of any kind, and speak the truth.

One weekend is not asking too much for you to do your part to help the Association grow. I find it a lot of fun to speak to people, and once they find out you are not begging for money, and have no membership or annual fees, the majority of them will sign up.

I will be in Brule Nebraska this weekend at the gun show, talking until I lose my voice on both days. We need a volunteer to do the Columbus and Norfolk gun shows this weekend, September 12th and 13th. you will get in free for the show, and get to meet many new faces. In fact, you will find it very addicting to get out there and sign people up, and will start setting goals of how many people you can sign up.

It is going to take a lot more hard work to get the NFOA to a membership level that holds some real power. Just imagine what 10,000 members can do politically in this state? Don't be one of those that sits back and lets someone else do all the work, we have done that for far too long, and look where it has got us, fighting for our rights back!

Learn something from Obama, hard work and organization is the key to getting your way.    
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:52:49 PM by LitlRat »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: We Need Volunteers to help recruit, have you done your part yet?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 09:51:35 PM »
If you have spent time volunteering at a gun show for the NFOA , send me a PM so I can  recognize your contribution
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.